Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: My first silver!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I had about a hour of light left and about a 15 minute walk behind my house into the woods to a late 1800s homestead..I wasn't going to go at first but figured hey why not! I walked back and once I got there I started detecting..within literally under a minute I had a signal(82.) I figured great another piece of crap trying to get me excited. Since all my other high tones have been nothing special. I worked the coil around it and saw it was a smaller object so I got a little excited. I dug the plug, found 2 nails and then bam...a coin! I was excited regardless of not even knowing what it was yet. I cleaned it off just enough to see the date and it was a 1896 barber dime! I was pretty happy considering my oldest coin so far has been a 1941 wheat penny. I kept searching around the hole and found 3 more nails in the hole and that was it. I'll be searching there again tomorrow morning Happy
Very nice for your first. Congrats!
Congrats Zach!!! You are now in the 19th Century Club and with your first silver no less!!!! WTG! YesBeer

Don't ever think that there isn't anything there. I use a philosophy of reverse psychology by saying to myself, "There can't possibly be anything here.", with the mind set that I'm going to find out. And that's what you HAVE to do. You have to go find out!

Congrats again!!! Keep em' coming!

Ed/ODF
Awesome first silver. You will always remember your first.
Nice save Yes
Congratulations Zach! Very nice find! Hope you find a lot more! GL HH!
Zach, terrific first silver find, congratulations!
Way to get started!
Congrats on your first silver!! That is one you will always remember!!
Thanks everyone Happy I will remember it for sure! I'm about to head out there again! Let's see what I can bring home this time.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's