Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Eyeball Find
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went out scouting/hiking for new detecting sites and saw the glint of glass on the side of a creek bank. Further investigation turned up this beauty, a nice old beer bottle just barely covered with soil. A first for me, never found a 19th century bottle nearly lying on the ground.
Fixed your pic, Cap, think it looks better upright Happy

That right there is an amazing eyeball find, sir Yes Amazing that it remained intact, and in such pristine condition after all those years.

Reminds me of something that was posted here a while back, from the internet. Some fella found an old rifle from the early 1800's just leaning up against a tree in the desert of Utah, I believe.

Any embossing on the bottom?

Good catch!

Joe
Right on!! Very cool bottle.
Nice find! I like those old bottles. That is a keeper for sure, wait it was empty? Happy
Love it! A classic in every way. Those old bottles are a clue! Love finding them! GREAT find!

ODF
Nice dude! Have you dug or probed into the side of the bank?
Thanks all
Joe-thanks for straightening me out!
Bottle bottom reads I G Co.and there is a small maltese cross.

Ray- looked around a lot didn't see any more pieces of glass or anything, the ground is pretty bare, so I think it rolled down the hill and ended up where I found it, but some additional digging may be in order.
Caprock, that is a cool old bottle, congratulations!
Reference URL's