Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Short hunt big silver man's ring comes to light
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello gals and guys, today I was able to get out for a short hunt. I wanted to go to a local soccer field but it was mobbed with men, girls and kids. Must have been over 100 depositors out there, running and kicking stuff around.
So, I detected away from the crowd and the yelling. My best find was a large man's silver ring that has rectangle holes in it. Has to be from the 60's or 70's. I got a clear reading on a penny about five inches down but it shouldn't have been - machine said
00 27 - I thought it might be a quarter from the sound. I dug down and there was a penny standing straight up about four inches down - on the side of the hole. I decided to check the hole with the pin pointer any way and up to the right I get a tone - I dig in and out pops the silver ring, cool beans....must have been why folks didn't dig it in the past - using a big coil might have produced a different reading.
The marble in the picture came out of another hole when I dug a good target. Too bad it is all scratched up.

Good luck to all
GREAT catch on that HUGE ring Tony!!! Ya gotta watch those 00-27's. I've hit silver halves and quarters as well as big chunks of aluminum and brass with that signal. The tone is the maker of silver though. WTG! And I love Soccer fields too!

Ed/ODF
Great ring, Tony. How are you liking the Explorer? Happy to see another jersey guy getting out, as I haven't been hunting since 2 Tuesday's ago. Too much going on. Supposed to be in the mid 60's this week...November. We'll take it! Yes

Joe
Nice ring!  And I love finding old marbles with a target, it's like getting a bonus.
Yeah Diva, extra bonus, too funny. I like them too!

Joe, I love my Explorer so much I bought a used one as a back up, couldn't beat the price. Now that Pin Pointer I won is also terrific, that is what found the silver ring after I spotted the penny.
Thanks Ed, soccer or athletic fields are fun to detect, not to mention the surrounding area's can be good as well.
Nice ring!! Congrats !
Thanks Ron, it was a surprise and I guess that is what this crazy sport is all about
I really like that marble!

cool ring too Yes
Thanks MRH, yeah it is a cool color for a large marble.
Nice thick ring Tony! Congrats! The marble is cool too, wish it didn't have all those scratches for you. But still cool. Thanks for sharing!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's