Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Deteknix Detectors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Harbor Freight has some good stuff. I have bought from them since the late 1970's.
At one point they sold some high quality machinist measuring equipment, not all of it came from China, Hong Kong, Japan. Some came from the European communist countries of the time period. Priced cheap but, quality and craftsmanship was superb. I had some micrometers made in Czechoslovakia at the fraction of the cost of a Starrett set. Couldn't believe it. From that point on I bought tools etc. from Harbor Freight. But, currently they now have a mix of goods and quality now, not the same as it once was. Still like buying from them when they have the sales going on.

For us Treasure Hunters one of the best deals they have for cleaning coins are their rock tumblers. If you get their flyers you may find a 20-50% off coupon, which makes the tumblers a real bargoon.

Looks like the UK (not Gary's) forum has some members that are the UK distributors, dealers. They were supposed to get their hands on the Deteknics Quest this week for testing.

Here are some more pictures at the trade show, spotted one well known US Treasure Hunter. Seeing if he'll comment at what he saw at the show.
https://www.facebook.com/deteknix.usa/po...8331421451
(11-18-2015 09:09 AM)Sven TreasureLinx Wrote: [ -> ]Harbor Freight has some good stuff. I have bought from them since the late 1970's.
At one point they sold some high quality machinist measuring equipment, not all of it came from China, Hong Kong, Japan. Some came from the European communist countries of the time period. Priced cheap but, quality and craftsmanship was superb. I had some micrometers made in Czechoslovakia at the fraction of the cost of a Starrett set. Couldn't believe it. From that point on I bought tools etc. from Harbor Freight. But, currently they now have a mix of goods and quality now, not the same as it once was. Still like buying from them when they have the sales going on.

For us Treasure Hunters one of the best deals they have for cleaning coins are their rock tumblers. If you get their flyers you may find a 20-50% off coupon, which makes the tumblers a real bargoon.

Looks like the UK (not Gary's) forum has some members that are the UK distributors, dealers. They were supposed to get their hands on the Deteknics Quest this week for testing.

Here are some more pictures at the trade show, spotted one well known US Treasure Hunter. Seeing if he'll comment at what he saw at the show.
https://www.facebook.com/deteknix.usa/po...8331421451

Sven, I love Harbor Freight, and have bought a ton of stuff there. But it comes down to what the item is, in terms of durability. If I was an experienced contractor, for example, I might have serious reservations about buying a band saw there, or an air powered nail gun. The level of build is just not the same as something built by Craftsman, Wahl, etc. Their stuff will make do in a pinch, but to expect something to last for decades is wishful thinking. Again though, it depends on the product. I too have the tumbler from them, and aside from having to fix a broken belt, I've had them for a few years now. Buying stuff from them is almost akin to a crapshoot, but for the prices, even if something lasted only 2 or 3 years, it's pretty much a win.

Joe
When it comes down to power tools, I tend to buy the best I can afford at the time.
That will last and not break down in the middle of a project.
Especially when it comes down to needing a precision piece of equipment for tight tolerance work. So I buy elsewhere.

HF is great for the hobbiest or for those just needing something to get a handy husband/wife  job done.

Find some of HF tools are really pretty good quality, they just cheapen the build.
Instead of ballbearings they use teflon or bronze sleeves. Instead of brass gears, they use pot metal gears. Instead of a metal frame, plastic frame.

If I remember right at one point in time HF's Central Machinery tools were identical to the Grizzly, Delta, just different paint and label. And you paid for the name.
I ran across this thread over at Findmall.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?18,2231347

I have TMJ syndrome and I'm particularly interested in headphones that do not put significant pressure around the ear..... headphones like the XP backphones for instance. Why no one makes an inexpensive wireless set beside Rapoo is a mystery to me that Deteknix appears to have tried to address with dismal results. I would be afraid the same corporate attitude of cutting production costs would translate into the build of a detector as well.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's