Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Deteknix Detectors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
These have stirred much interest over the past 6 months. New machines from Deteknix the pinpointer people.

These will definitely be a hit if they perform. These are made by Deteknix who has an office based in California. Solely  a Chinese company who builds in China.

These units appear to be similar to other machines on the market. Deteknix took bits and parts from. What else is new, its a China company. Masters at reproducing the best of the best.

We all know China produces metal detectors, copies at crazy low resale prices, cheaper if you want to buy 4 at a time. Some of them work surprisingly excellent and worth the purchase. They just make  some crappy search coils, they haven't figured those yet.   Deteknix knows not to sell cheap, US customers will pay what they ask. Huge profits, that would insure future development of their machines.

The water unit reminds me of a Tesoro Compadre with the specs, all they did was use a DD coil to help with soil mineralization. Knew of another person who experimented with the Compadre making it a water unit and adding a DD coil.
It was an excellent performing detector.

Anyways, the Deteknix units look interesting, pricing not bad, competitive at MSRP, we'll see what street price is once they are on the market.

Big question is how do they perform. If they do...many of those dedicated Made in USA buyers who snub the Chinese imports, might just try one. That will show everyone that the Chinese are serious at producing a performance machine capable of competing with US, European  high end machines.
http://md-hunter.com/deteknix-quest-pro-...#more-4549

[Image: deteknix-quest-gold-01.jpg][Image: deteknix-quest-diver-01.jpg]
Is the water unit a P.I., Sven? The control housing kinda reminds of my ATX.

I have no reservations about buying abroad if the price & performance beats a U.S. manufactured product. We live in a global society nowadays, and, truth be told, there are many products made overseas (automobiles, electronics, etc.) that are just flat out better. More inexpensive, too. Of course, I'd prefer buying only American made, as I'd like to support my country, but, like most, I'm budget conscious, and want to the best for my money.

I have seen these before, and I really dig the styling. Here's what I'd like though...

As a coin hunter who lives and dies on depth, nothing I've used even comes close to beating a Minelab, except for the older CZ's, which have a problem with deep iron. So, if I can find the exact same performance equivalent to a Minelab with LESS weight, I'd be the first on line to purchase one.

I think the main selling points/differences with most of these newer units, is their aesthetics, ergonomics, and speed/separation in iron. I really haven't seen any units hit the market that can rival Minelab's depth capabilities or VID accuracy.

I'm not brand loyal, I simply use what works best for my needs. If people started coming out of the woodwork and were raving that the Deteknix's were hitting silver dimes at 13 or 14", were handling mineralized soil with ease, and was accurately I.D.'ing targets to 9 or 10", that would be a game changer, for sure. Until then...

We wait and see Happy

Joe
The water unit is not  a PI, its a VLF machine.

I'm curious to try a couple. test then out here in Canada

Here's the link to download the catalog.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2sO8jG...RkLUU/view
I'm not going to be the first to put a toe in the water with Deteknix products.
The pinpointer is ok from what I have heard but their new wireless headphones are problematic. I will let someone who I think is without a dog in the fight review them before I invest any money in one of their detectors
(11-16-2015 12:23 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not going to be the first to put a toe in the water with Deteknix products.
The pinpointer is ok from what  I have heard but their new wireless headphones are problematic. I will let someone who I think is without a dog in the fight review them before I invest any money in one of their detectors

I offered to test out a couple models here in Canada.

There are already two main distributors Colonial and Serious who have first dibbs when it comes to the US market when they are released.

I have never used their products so I can't give an honest opinion about them.

Any detector entering Canada is going to cost about 30% more than those buying in the US due to the low can dollar value. Plus we get charged a Custom fees as well as one to two sales taxes. Easily adds an add'l  $100 ot more on top. Canadians are going to be very leery in spend hard earned money on a new new import unless it has proven performance. One reason I offered to test a couple.
I don't know what kind of fetish it is, but that color yellow, "makes me wet"! Chuckle

I completely destroyed their early pinpointer. Great concept, but it can't handle the abuse or any kind of prolonged rain use.

Don't know what kind of build they are, but if they come close to a Hilti Rotary Hammer, I might be interested.

If you get you hands on one Sven, please let us know!

Ed/ODF
Cool looking design, I wouldn't mind a lighter machine, I hope it gets good depth
Do not know what to think. I would like to say buy American, but they are not manufacturing much now days.  

I have some mix feelings with China, they are and have taken a lot of American's jobs. Plus they pride their self on copying patents and offering it for a lot less.  

I know one thing, if these are anything like their hand tools clamps, screwdrivers,etc that they sell us. Forget it!  

Remember Klein screw drivers? They were awesome, American Made. But that may have changed now. 

However, if Sven tests them out and gives us his unbiased opinion and results leans toward good machine and price. I would consider buying one.

Then I have to figure out how to get it pass my wife. She thinks I have enough detectors, since I can only use one at a time.
Our female counterparts have keen noses when it comes to new/pricey electronics. The can smell them a mile away. Doesn't matter if they're wrapped in a tarp, buried under asphalt in the garage, they will sniff'm out, lol.

Have you ever heard of Harbor Freight? Most of the stuff they sell is cheaply made, foreign hardware items. Some of it lasts a while, some of it doesn't. Depends on usage, wear & tear, etc. But they win on price, which is what most of us need to base our buying decisions on, what with the $hitty economy and all.

If a detector company can make a unit that gets sizable depth, has accurate VID, has a quick recovery, and is light, in the $500 to $750 range, they will laugh all the way to the bank. Even more so if it's waterproof.

Joe
Harbour Frieght sells a pin pointer for about $15 and it does a good job for the price.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's