Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Few hunts with 6000 di pro.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently purchased like New 1985 wrist killing White's 6000 di pro. I have changed the ergonomics making it more user friendly. Added a S handle and relocated the meter. I also have the parts to convert it to (5) AA rechargeable batteries giving the unit 6 volts at the beginning of operation. The machine is nice, ID very well, and handles iron infestation well. Depth is surprising too. Found a 1907 IH beside a hunk of iron at a surprising depth. What depth? Let's say pass 6" and leave it at that....

Found a small Silver ring, and a old Brass door Knocker. I thought it was actually a coin, because of the size of the item. But the only reason is was reading small is because it was down real deep. Anyway, I like the machine and plan to give it a chance to shine. Plus it helps with muscle tone. Think
[attachment=6829]
[attachment=6830]
[attachment=6831]
[attachment=6832]
[attachment=6833]

These items came from about five hunts at couple hours each time. Not much, but I will continue to hunt. Its better than sitting around doing nothing. Happy hunting folks.

I do have a beach hunt from last Sunday. I will post in a different post. GL! Note: Sorry for the blurry pictures, my phone camera was having a bad day.
That right there was one of the best machines to swing at one time. Matter of fact, there are still many who use them, and do very well with them. Heavy? You betcha, but quite a capable detector, and from all I've seen and heard, the meter is quite accurate, too. I know a lot of people get down on White's sometimes, as their innovation on newer stuff can be lagging, but make no mistake, they build machines to last!

Congrats on the indian, the ring, and the door/chest plate, which is a beautiful piece Yes

How is the recovery speed?

Joe
well neat finds, yes there are a few still being used out there. Whites are good machines to use have never had any problems with them.
I think you can hip mount the box just be careful with the cord, really lowers the wieght
Great finds for an old machine. You've made some great changes that worked! Wrist killer, that killed me! Chuckle They were beasts!

Ed/ODF
updownup, terrific mod, congratulations. Nice finds too.

My friend likes that machine so much he bought a used one for parts. He recently won a Minelab in a club hunt while using that machine and he sold the minelab this past week. Best of luck with it
Nice finds! Once I learn how to use the newer detectors I'd like to try and use a couple of older ones and see what it's like. 
Also, you helped me Id a find! The brass door knocker. Just mine doesn't have the knocker on it. 

Hh
Zach, keep in mind. Normally the newer detector is better than a old vintage machine. But,  the whites 6000 were known to be work horses. And from what I have seen, they still are a very capable detector. I have a minelab sovereign elite (2002) and a lot of people will tell you the machine is better than some other machine on the market. 

I have a fisher cz 20 that is my favorite, because it has superior depth, and I have found the most deep coins while using this machine. However, I don't use as much 
today. Not until  I finish testing and learning my Sovereign. I like all my machines. Sometimes, I have to change it up a little bit and use a different machine. I'm starting to see advantages on each machine depending on the environment. 

But I have learned there are so many variables, and all machines have limitations.  
Glad I helped identify your door knocker. Not sure what the actual name is. But that is what it does. Yes, the moving piece is held on with a steel pin, that will rust and disappear in time. Go figure, all brass but this steel pin...
My door knocker locked too, not sure how but I see the skeleton key hole. Anyway, I think this is a door knocker. Good luck on your hunts!
(11-18-2015 10:36 AM)updownup Wrote: [ -> ]Zach, keep in mind. Normally the newer detector is better a old vintage machine. But,  the whites 6000 were known to be work horses. And from what I have seen, they still are a very capable detector. I have a minelab sovereign elite (2002) and a lot of people will tell you the machine is better than some other machine on the market. 

I have a fisher cz 20 that is my favorite, because it has superior depth, and I have found the most deep coins while using this machine. However, I don't use as much 
today. Not until  I finish testing and learning my Sovereign. I like all my machines. Sometimes, I have to change it up a little bit and use a different machine. I'm starting to see advantages on each machine depending on the environment. 

But I have learned there are so many variables, and all machines have limitations.  
Glad I helped identify your door knocker. Not sure what the actual name is. But that is what it does. Yes, the moving piece is held on with a steel pin, that will rust and disappear in time. Go figure, all brass but this steel pin...
My door knocker locked too, not sure how but I see the skeleton key hole. Anyway, I think this is a door knocker. Good luck on your hunts!

Very true words. There are indeed some "older" units, which can still keep up just fine with the newer technology, provided the owner is proficient on the machine. CZ's come to mind, the Sov's, the Explorer 2's/XS's, etc.

Remember, the whole key to this game, the golden enchilada, is location. So, someone who knows his detector (regardless of age) can make some amazing finds.

There are machines out there like the above mentioned early CZ's, Troy Shadows, etc., that still command prices north of $500 on the second-hand market...and these are 15 to 20 year old units, which should tell you something Yes

Joe
Reference URL's