Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Makro Gold Racer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's a detector than many prospectors have been waiting for the Makro Gold Racer.

56khz frequency

[attachment=6835]

Announcement from Makro has just been made:
"Find the tiniest nuggets, micro jewelry and even coins with the most sensitive and versatile gold detector ever made!"

Supposed to be a better alternative to their sister companies Notka Fores Gold.

I held off buying the regular Racer due to the reports and reviews. Has glowing reports when the small search coil is attached hunting trashy areas.

I will take a look at the reviews of the Gold Racer when they come out and see how it compares to my GoldBug Pro
Interesting. Not sure how well it would do for me on coins, as that's my main application, but as a micro jewelry unit I would surely give it a shot. If you've heard Tom. D mention it before, there's a TON of micro jewelry that other hunters can't get to, which would amount to a lot of $$$ if a unit could hit on it. I would venture to say there's a lot more of the micro stuff around, as it's been laying there virtually untouched for many years, versus the larger rings, medallions, etc., which are easier to find. While small, those pieces would add up real quick Yes

Curious to hear what some of the gold/prospecting guys like Ray, Ron, Caprock and a few others think about this unit for the nugget application.

Joe
Will be interesting:

Keith Southern has been playing with one for 2 1/2 months.

Per Steve   Herschbach
[url=http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/profile.php?2,16755][/url]

Big time. My review of the original Racer made clear it was nothing but a stepping stone to get me to this machine, the one I have really been waiting for.

The claim "sensitive and most versatile gold machine ever made" is a given because nothing like this has ever been made. Successfully anyway. The closest I have ever seen was the failed Compass AU2000. There are other high frequency machines out there, the two most popular and well known being the Fisher Gold Bug 2 and White's GMT. But they are very much dedicated nugget detectors with minimal use outside that realm. The Gold Racer is what I tried hard to get White's to make - an MXT running at GMT frequency. The Gold Racer has that combination of extreme sensitivity to low conductive targets combined with all the features you would expect on a normal coin or relic detector. Should be absolutely killer on micro jewelry. I doubt it will unseat the Gold Bug 2 for extreme tiny sensitivity but that remains to be seen. What there is no doubt of is that is is a far more fleshed out machine than the Gold Bug 2 when you look at all the other features. And I am guessing at a lower price. Bottom line is the machine is unique and it will take quite a few of us using it to find out where it excels and where its weaknesses are. I think Tom and I would agree this is not likely to run well in wet salt sand! Even there with all the tuning options who the heck knows. This is going to be a fun one to experiment with.
Can't argue with that, Sven. I'm sure some of our members out west will be fiddling with this soon, and I'm looking forward to the field reports.

As for me, not being much of a gold hunter, might be limiting applications, but still might be good for other targets, with that high frequency.

You must be foaming at the mouth for one, eh, Sven? Happy

Joe
(11-19-2015 12:14 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Can't argue with that, Sven. I'm sure some of our members out west will be fiddling with this soon, and I'm looking forward to the field reports.

As for me, not being much of a gold hunter, might be limiting applications, but still might be good for other targets, with that high frequency.

Joe

Excited one day, back to reality the next.
The orig. Red Racer isn't the best machine for Canadian clad hunting at all. Target ID on the claddage bounces all over. A high frequency machine touted as good for micro jewelry well, maybe if your willing to dig 10,000 flakes of alumin. foil to find it. You would have to run very low disc. High freq. machines generally suffer a bit in the depth dept., as well as sensitivity to silver. Basically a gold machine. The Gold Racer could be first off a perfect gold machine, as well as a general purpose hunter with some compromise in other areas.

Once they hit the market, we'll see how they pan out.
Might be a good time to pick up a used Gold Bug Pro, G2+ when folks go to upgrade?
(11-19-2015 10:47 AM)Sven TreasureLinx Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-19-2015 12:14 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Can't argue with that, Sven. I'm sure some of our members out west will be fiddling with this soon, and I'm looking forward to the field reports.

Joe

Excited one day, back to reality the next.
The orig. Red Racer isn't the best machine for Canadian clad hunting at all. Target ID on the claddage bounces all over. A high frequency machine touted as good for micro jewelry well, maybe if your willing to dig 10,000 flakes of alumin. foil to find it. You would have to run very low disc. High freq. machines generally suffer a bit in the depth dept., as well as sensitivity to silver. Basically a gold machine. The Gold Racer could be first off a perfect gold machine, as well as a general purpose hunter with some compromise in other areas.

Once they hit the market, we'll see how they pan out.
Might be a good time to pick up a used Gold Bug Pro, G2+ when folks go to upgrade?

Here's something I never understood about the Racer...

From what I've gathered, most good targets (especially coins) almost always come in at 80 or 82. Almost everything else is junk. That doesn't make any sense. What's the use in having a VID screen, at all then? Just make it tones only. If anything, as hunters, we want a BIGGER spread when it comes to VID numbers, not less. Having all types of good finds bunched into an 80 or 82 is nuts. Unless I'm incorrect in my info. But that's what I keep hearing.

Joe
That's about right. Tesoro Cortes and Deleon have a similar spread dump coins mostly in the 94 range think it was. Drove my friend crazy.
Thanks for the heads up.

My CZ 7 dumps coins into dimes quarters and halves then it separates nickles and cents and pull tabs and iron.
Reference URL's