Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: DUDE! a Fricken BUST Half Dollar!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Great finds!!! WAY TO GO!!
Another outstanding find guys (all of them actually)!

You do know that Bust 1/2s and Morgans are my "specialty"!? lol

I mean = they are my most highly prized coins of all the US minted coins of all time and I know/collect and study them more than any other/s! (Seated 1/2s = strong 3rd)!

That one is in outstanding condition (XF all the way) with most likely AU detail but a dug coin will never get a professional grade of "au/bu" because of environmental factors stripping the "Luster" of the coin away which once gone = gone forever even IF the "details" are still au/bu. (and I'm sure you know that Ron) but I'm just stating it for others here than may not know this fact Yes

BUT

That specific one is the Small date, small stars, small letters variety and if I had found it = I'd be xxxxing my pants all the way home!

Congrats on such a rare/nice find!

BeerBeerBeerBeerBeerBeer
(11-19-2015 09:34 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Another outstanding find guys (all of them actually)!

You do know that Bust 1/2s and Morgans are my "specialty"!? lol

I mean = they are my most highly prized coins of all the US minted coins of all time and I know/collect and study them more than any other/s! (Seated 1/2s = strong 3rd)!

That one is in outstanding condition (XF all the way) with most likely AU detail but a dug coin will never get a professional grade of "au/bu" because of environmental factors stripping the "Luster" of the coin away which once gone = gone forever even IF the "details" are still au/bu. (and I'm sure you know that Ron) but I'm just stating it for others here than may not know this fact Yes

BUT

That specific one is the Small date, small stars, small letters variety and if I had found it = I'd be xxxxing my pants all the way home!

Congrats on such a rare/nice find!

BeerBeerBeerBeerBeerBeer

That's some good info, Wayne. I got a free education Yes

Here's a question I have...

I understand coins are valued/graded based on mintage, condition, date, etc., but, out of ALL the factors, which do you think has the most bearing on price?

If I had to guess, I would say mintage, because even if a coin is in POS condition, but there were only say, 200,000 minted, with maybe a few hundred floating around in circulation, the value would be astronomical. But that's only a guess.

Joe
Sweet finds love the caped
Holy crap dude! Way to one up Marks seated half, lol. Way to go, amazing finds dude!
WOW! WOW and WOW!
That wolf button is very interesting, I think it is of British origin. Try a google image search for "wolf livery button" and several similar but different wolf head buttons can be seen, Here's a pic of a similar but diff. one
That was a Great Day of DETECTING!!
Hey thanks for posting. it was kind cool to see a cool find pop up on the forum. Still gets me jazzed to see that coin!!
WOW , great buttons and an exceptional coin! Thanks for brightening up my morning.
   I hope to see many more finds from this wonderful site.
HH
Pat
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's