Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: What the heck is this???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Found this a while ago. Was cleaning out one of my finds boxes, and came across it. I have NO idea. Feels like lead or pewter. Quite heavy. About the size of a penny, but, quite thick...the same as two stacked nickels. It's white, probably from oxidation, similar to an old musket ball. Something broke off the top & bottom. I can only make out the word 'TAUNUS' on one side. Googled that and came up with a foreign car, and a heavy metal music festival. Any ideas?

Joe
Lead. I find a bunch of usually small ones like that, but with a number.
They are lead & wire seals

They have been used for a very long time!!

Lead Seals

Funny-- how does a lead seal swim!!?? Happy
(09-02-2013 10:33 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]They are lead & wire seals

They have been used for a very long time!!

Lead Seals

Funny-- how does a lead seal swim!!?? Happy

Wow, good I.D., Ron! That's it for sure. Thanks Yes

Joe
I couldn't agree more its a I'd tag

seal with a I'd tag
Lead Bag Seal

if it's a R&R seal it could be valuable 

there are rare ones that go for a pretty good chunk of change :-)
(04-02-2014 12:52 AM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Lead Bag Seal

if it's a R&R seal it could be valuable 

there are rare ones that go for a pretty good chunk of change :-)

I would hope not, Wayne, as I've been finding these things over the years...and normally chuck them in the garbage can! They sound DAMN good, too.

Joe
You & me both Joe until I figured out exactly what they actually are and seen some of the prices they bring at auction for the rare/er ones! lol

I don't think you have to worry about that one though - she's pretty beatup and missing some of the lettering/etc. so it wouldn't bring any $$ anyway Undecided

I used to chuck a LOT of things back in the 80s/90s that I thought was just plain old junk

and now I could kick myself cuz I know I threw away some good stuff!
Ah the lessons we learn!  I had some odd chunks in my stuff at club meeting Show & Tell and one of the guys pointed out they were gold fillings!  Didn't turn out to be worth much though.  Rolleyes
Hi Joe ... Looks like a lead bag seal to me
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's