Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Cellar hole...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So as you can see in the picture..grand father filled in the cellar hole with a ton of bricks and what not. I've read good things about cellar holes and was wondering if it'd be worth my time and effort to take it all out to detect. This is the late 1800s house site that that burnt down early 1900s
It would obviously be a lot of work, but, HELL YEAH, I'd do it, in a heartbeat. Just do it in pieces, a little every weekend or something. Is it still your family's land? If so, it might have never been hunted, so you can end up having the site of a lifetime.

Even if you don't clear out the rocks, remember, I'm sure people walked around that entire area, not just that one spot. That had to go to the outhouse, they probably meandered through the surrounding woods, kids might've been running everywhere, etc.

My opinion, WELL worth your time Yes

Joe
Thanks for the response joe. And to answer some of your questions...yes it is all in the family and has been for a long time. It's 100+ acres of land that should have never been hunted unless they did it illegally. Most of the sites on the land are a good 10 minute walk back behind my current house and grandparents house next to me. I'm gonna take your advice and remove it and see what I can find! I'll keep ya posted
Do it! All I can say.

Ed/ODF
Reference URL's