Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Trove of antique Roman coins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cool article, thanks for sharing! Sucks she won't be able to keep any of it though..
Thanks for that Bob!

The key here in the article is this!

"The orchard where the coins were found was never built on. It is land that has always been farmed," archeologist Georg Matter told AFP, explaining how the treasure could have laid dormant for so long.

That exact same description applies to what all detectorists should be looking for!!

Thanks again!

Ed/ODF
Makes you sick, huh? LOL. It seems like everyday I read the news, someone, someplace (other than here in the U.S.!) is finding a hoard or cache. I think we should all chip in and buy a house overseas, and we can live there 6 months out of the year and just detect. I wanna get rich, too, Bob!!!

Joe
Good story, that makes me think the club I belong to over in England should find a large hoard one of these days we are due. Maybe this march when I get over there again. We do find small caches of coins gold and silver but the most is like 5 to 10 coins
Very cool, thanks for sharing.
Reference URL's