Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #75 BIG Silver!!! 1st ever too!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, I'm still shaking. I even don't know how I got the first pictures of it out of the hole steady enough!!! This was in the woods almost a good 8 inches down and about directly under the side of a 20" diameter Pine tree. Roots galore! Solid high tone with no null, and so close under the tree my coil would not hit center (8x6SEF). I knew I had a large piece of iron or something big silver as it was reading 00-24 & 00-25 and would not vary. And to make matters worse, I had my Blue Carrot set to high and I nicked what could have been an Extra Fine 1923 Peace dollar! I'm sick about that because if it was a 1928, I would have probably given up the hobby because I'm in too much of in a rush. Right now the damn dog is growling at me to go for a walk! That's how it is around here!! And I gave this one to the wife as her maternal grandmother was born in 1923 and as my companion puts up with a great deal of my bullshit!

But, I'm off of work from now until March 2016, so look out folks, here I come!!!

Have "FUN" out there and HAPPY HUNTING!!!

Ed/ODF

ps.....Okay, I'm now off to walk the damn dog!
Awesome find man! I'd probably shit my pants if I pulled that up...I guess I better start bringing some toilet paper with me on my hunts for when I do find a coin that cool..! Really sweet of ya to give that to your wife, because I know I'd keep it! Damn dog. 

Cant wait to see more now that you retired! Wink 
HH BeerBeerBeer

Zach
Wow! She's a beauty, Ed Yes Make sure and wear protection, you don't wanna end up like Charlie Sheen Chuckle Tongue

I don't think you can blame yourself for hitting it, as what were the odds it was actually going to be a silver dollar? It happens. Still a phenomenal find, all the way around Happy

Joe
Killer find, congrats!
(11-20-2015 07:07 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome find man! I'd probably shit my pants if I pulled that up...I guess I better start bringing some toilet paper with me on my hunts for when I do find a coin that cool..! Really sweet of ya to give that to your wife, because I know I'd keep it! Damn dog. 

Cant wait to see more now that you retired! Wink 
HH BeerBeerBeer

Zach

Thanks Zach! And for the record, I do carry TP, just in case! Chuckle

Ed/ODF
WOW -- Congrats on bagging the Peace Dollar!! That is a fantastic find and I'm happy for you. I can relate to that rush of seeing a great coin pop out!! That is why we love this hobby!!
Outstanding find Ed!

Had to be a rush for sure!!

BeerBeerBeerBeer
That's an incredible find congratulations i would be shaking too
Wow nice find , that just shows it's still out there just got to be in the right spot.
(11-20-2015 09:18 PM)biggredd1972 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow nice find , that just shows it's still out there just got to be in the right spot.

Bingo Bigg! This will be the seventh time I've been to that area and, ahem, "Thoroughly covered the area". Sad

First time there, last year, I found a 1897 Barber Quarter, quite a ways away from this one. But you're right. You have to put your coil over the target, wherever that target may be. This was pure luck and persistence. And I'm chock full of persistence, just not so much luck. Until today, of course.

Ed/ODF

(11-20-2015 07:55 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]WOW -- Congrats on bagging the Peace Dollar!! That is a fantastic find and I'm happy for you. I can relate to that rush of seeing a great coin pop out!! That is why we love this hobby!!

Thanks Ron. With all the great finds you get out there in the gold fields, I really appreciate that. It's a tough son of a bitch going after it day in and day out. I'll let you know I saw Liberty's rim with the radiance poking out at the bottom of the hole and I should have taken a shot of it, because I knew it was a Peace as soon as I saw that. As it was, without my saw and all the roots, I could barely get it out with my hand and two fingers grabbing it. I'm still pumped. I've been to that area seven times with only one silver find. Now, I'm rethinking the hunt.

Ed/ODF
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's