Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Odd Whatzit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Found this "thing", today. Looks interesting, so I hung onto it, instead of chucking it in the trash can.

As you can see in the pics, it's curved on the bottom, like the bowl of a spoon. There are 2 holes in the piece that go all the way through, and there's some type of lip/bump on the front.

I have no guesses. Anyone???

Joe
I'm going to say catch for a barrell bolt. Probably from a trunk or wooden box lid. But just a wild guess.
But it could also be the upper stop latch for the idle door on a set of double doors. Like French Doors.

Ed/ODF
I think you found the latch from a split barn door top half,, that latch would allow the top door to swing open with the lower half closed,,like in mr ed
(11-22-2015 08:52 PM)scott demont Wrote: [ -> ]I think you found the latch from a split barn door top half,, that latch would allow the top door to swing open with the lower half closed,,like in mr ed

Yep! Same concept, different door! My wife says the name for them might be Dutch Door.
Anyway, she says they were also popular here in Century homes into the kitchen.
But I think the plate you have is bent.

Ed/ODF
Hmmm, could it be, guys? Since I have absolutely no idea, OK, then, it's a door opener thingey!!! Lol

Joe
Come on guys and gals, that is a ten dollar bill with a piece of scrap brass
(11-22-2015 11:32 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Come on guys and gals, that is a ten dollar bill with a piece of scrap brass

You bet Tony. Couldn't have said it better myself!Chuckle

Ed/ODF
I agree with the door latch and definately a ten dollar bill!Chuckle
Reference URL's