Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: What happened???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went to WNY to visit my parents Saturday, was orig. hoping to do some relic hunting for War of 1812 goodies. But with the bad weather forcast, left my detectors at home. Today in Buffalo, the weather was actually pretty nice, a bit cloudy with lots of sun, maybe 33 degrees this morning. So I did some more shopping today instead. Went back to an estate sale I bought some goodies at on Sat. looking to get a big discount on some remaining items. Arrived a bit late and some of those goodies were scooped up by others. Did manage to find a digital camera that was on the table yesterday, dropped into a tote filled with audio, HDMI, internet etc. type cables. Got it half price today. Which was a steal. The sale was run by the family with friends helping out, not a professionally run sale.
So they just wanted stuff gone today. There was lots of fishing lures left today but, way overpriced, even at 50% off not a good deal. Friend of the family bought all the good stuff prior to the sale, he was an avid fisherman. And left the overpriced junk. Since its overpriced, gets who will get the lures for next to nothing, the friend. WOW, that was carefully planned. Had their been no friend as a fisherman, the family would have sold it all at a much more palatable price. Would have loved to grab the 9.8hp Merc outboard motor, again way overpriced. The friend will get it cheap.

So I kick myself for not bringing my detector. In the woods, would not have been so cold.

After the estate sale, made my way back to the Canadian border. It was still very nice and dry but, cold out. 1/2 of the way home saw some snow on the ground in the highway center ditch, shady side. Did not think too much about that. About 3/4 the way home, snow everywhere, about 2". Sun and cloudy out. Then ran into a 5 minute blizzard. Once I came out of the blizzard, sun was shining, snow was everywhere you looked. Just entered the Twilight Zone. At home, learned they had a blizzard last night. About 3" by this morning. Not what I was expecting to come home to.

Not all bad. The snow adds a lot of weight onto the weeds. If the snow melts shortly, it will make for some easier field and woods hunting. I better prepare.
It's coming, buddy!!! All of us in states that experience harsh winters are on borrowed detecting time Yes Get out and dig Beer

A shame on the yard sale, but it sounds like you got the camera for a song! Post a pic of that baby Happy

Joe
Sometimes those yard sales pay off, you just have to chalk it up to timing.

Yeah, the snow should kill off those weeds and you can get better hunting in before January and the real freeze
Snow----No more bugs!

Took two test shots with the camera, fantastic, excellent macro close-ups.
 16 mega pixels.  You don't have to be a pro to take great shots with it.
[attachment=6908]

Unedited, just cropped and sized for the forum. The forum must compress the pictures a bit as they look better off the forum using my computers picture viewer.

US Penny
[attachment=6909]

Small earring
[attachment=6910]

There were about 350 pictures on the memory card, some cool scenic shots.
Wow, those are GREAT close-up's!!! Looks like you scored a sweet deal Happy

Joe
Yeah, they were telling us not to put our Bermuda Shorts away just yet, then whammo! Well at least you had a good time there and got a great deal on a COOL Nikon camera!! I agree with you on the weeds and such. Makes for much better ground penetration!!

Ed/ODF
Reference URL's