Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: is it a button or cufflink??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Need help what is it only thing i know its a bird and real neat find
[attachment=6905][attachment=6904][attachment=6906]
Yeah, crazy man but it is old whateverr it is
Figured it out its a rupured duck pin given out for honorable discharge some say also for shooting down enemy aircrafts,,its a eagle when i first found it thought it was a duck
Nice find and cool history behind it
That's a really nice find Scott! Love those historical items of that era! Yes

Ed/ODF
(11-23-2015 10:20 PM)scott demont Wrote: [ -> ]Figured it out its a rupured duck pin given out for honorable discharge some say also for shooting down enemy aircrafts,,its a eagle when i first found it thought it was a duck

That's eerily coincidental, Scott! I too just dug what I THOUGHT was a cuff link or pin, the other day, but fellow member Nick A. correctly ID'd it as a WW1 piece that would be inserted into the button hole of a civilian uniform. After looking it up, I discovered mine too was also given out to those who were honorably discharged!

Here's the link: http://forum.treasureclassifieds.com/Thr...UTLgU.dpbs

Joe
Exactly. An honorable discharge lapel stud, that you'd put in the buttonhole on the lapel of your civilian suit. I know for sure that this one is a WWII vintage. Sometimes referred to as a "Ruptured Duck" pin or button.
(11-22-2015 08:32 PM)scott demont Wrote: [ -> ]Need help what is it only thing i know its a bird and real neat find
Button,I think,gl and hh!
That's just absolutely cool never seen anything like it befoe
Definitely a "Ruptured Duck" Lapel button cover. That's a very cool find! I gotta check out the "what is it" thread more often! Really cool finds here!
Reference URL's