Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #83>85!! Mercs, V, Buff!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Same area but started using some gridding technique and paid a little more attention to the iffy signals. Went over the same area I did Sunday, but stayed pretty disciplined on my paths. Dug over $4 in clad and Memorials too. Mostly to try and eliminate them. Today the Memorials drove me nuts. They tone so high!

So I get the 40 Merc first. About 6 inches down in the clay in a lump that popped out. Then the 1920 Merc on a very iffy squeak of a high tone mixed with others. Found her about 8 inches down in another lump of clay. You can see the impression on the clay in the middle field photo. Then I re-sweep that spot and dig up a no date Buff. Re-sweep again and out comes a 1903 V nickel. Both down about 8 inches as well and within 6 inches of the Merc. Then after about a half hour, at the end of a grid run, the 39 Merc, again shown in the lump of clay at I would say about 7 inches. I only took a photo of the Reverse of that one as I didn't want to disturb it before the photo. And from then until about 3:45 pm, nothing but clad and junk. A little over a 4 hour hunt. Oh, and 1-1953 or 55 Toasty Wheat, not shown.

Have "Fun" out there and HAPPY HUNTING!!!

Ed/ODF
Ed, sorry to say I'm jealous, but I'm also happy for you! 
I dream of finding multiple silver in a single hunt. Happy 
Down this far South the silver is scarce on public land. But it is extra sweet when we find one. 
With this being said, I'm not giving up! Might have to research more or hit the beaches for jewelry. Congratulations! Thank you for sharing it gives me and others excitement and hope our next hunt may hold silver. Good luck on your next hunt too!! 

I might have to get you a bigger pouch!  Happy
Sheesh, you make it seem like there are no other hunters in Ohio with all this silver you're digging Yes You're a pro, Ed. A real silver magnet. Congrats on hitting 85, and the buffs & V ain't bad to look at, either Wink

Joe
Meant to say that the first Buff in the photo today was from yesterday. And my first dig there about 10 minutes into the hunt. So when you get a coin like that right off the bat, you really start paying attention!

And Thanks you guys! It's Great to hear you are being motivated by my success. Keep on keepin' on!!! Yes

Ed/ODF
WOW! let's set a goal of #120 by the end of the year! 10 dozen silvers! GO GET EM!
What Joe said xs2 Yes

Nice saves Ed

Beer
Some peopl
E have all the silver coin luck congrats on that silver count,,keep em coming
Nice hunt! Love the pictures of the coins in the dirt. Those nickels are really eaten up.
(11-24-2015 10:57 PM)Nick A Wrote: [ -> ]Nice hunt! Love the pictures of the coins in the dirt. Those nickels are really eaten up.

Thanks Nick! Those nickels are really great here in my soil. I can tell you what they are but not usually the date! I'm lucky to get a date on one of five. I don't know what the real problem is; acid rain, pollution seeping through the ground? Even some of my Memorials are toast!!! That's how bad the soil is in this area sometimes. And it doesn't matter the location. Playgrounds, soccer fields, woods, it's sometimes all the same. I've found toasted IHP's with the rim eaten away so much so I thought I had a Trime!! It's just the way it goes in the rust belt!! No

Ed/ODF
I love thoSe Mercs!  Never found a V nickel,  but it's high up on the wish list. Congratulations on a stellar hunt! Yes
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's