Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Super low tide at the colonial beach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The blood moon/ harvest moon/ full moon/ lunar eclipse has really affected the tides!  Low tide around here hovers around 1.0 metres, but with the lunar events, it has dipped down to -0.2 metres this morning. Took advantage of it and went swinging for three hours. Filled my pouch with lead, copper, brass and pewter. Dug a few keepers though!  Got another 1797 Cartwheel Penny...I think this is #6. Eyeballed a marble and porcelain door knob. Got more hunks of brass and copper that I'll put in the case. I like shiny things Happy  Speaking of shiny things, I found another silver but it's roached. Given the date range of the coins here, I suspect it's another Georgian sixpence or a reale. When I was going through my pouch, I came across this brass piece. I thought it was a rivet or nail, then it struck me...it's a pipe tamper...no, it's a Victorian coat hook Sad   Added to my collection of Musketballs and pistol balls too. Last dig of the day was at the high tide mark right below the hill that I needed to climb to get out of there. 1927 coronation medal. It's the second one I found, and I think the first one may of came from that beach as well, but my memory is bad. Thanks for looking and HH. 
[Image: 14435385325430_zps4xlevkyf.jpg]

[Image: 14435385109380_zpsh3b3dsy8.jpg]

[Image: 14435385462480_zpsuh5xjphy.jpg]

[Image: 14435385615430_zpszjkp0qz3.jpg]
[Image: 14435385772890_zps7ta1io4o.jpg]

[Image: 14435395239940_zpseogurjlw.jpg]
Great hunt Relic! Now I know what a cartwheel penny looks like. Man, that reale is toast! That porcelain thing looks like some kind of a door knob and wouldn't know that's a pipe tamper if I saw one!! Nice finds!! Yes

Ed/ODF
Thank you for looking and commenting. I haven't posted here in so long. I've been watching the classified ads but that doesn't count for much. Anyways, yeah that's a porcelain door knob for sure. The silver coin could be a 2 reale. It's just a bit smaller than a 2 and bigger than a 1 reale. I guess we'll never know Happy  The cartwheel pennies are huge and kind of sounds like a manhole cover lol. I have a youtube channel if anyone is interested. Channel name is RelicMedic. Not that I'm promoting my channel or anything Wink
Reference URL's