Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Nostalgic cellar hole
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A friend of mine invited me to hunt a cellar hole that once belonged to his ancestors. It's well off the beaten path in the middle of the woods.  Right off the hop, the first keeper was a nice old ring with a cut glass stone. We were digging rifle casings every few feet, but managed to find a penny signal amongst them.  1905 Indian. Next was a terrible but repeatable signal. Down deep was an 1859 Vicky LC. Back over beside where I got the Indian, I pulled another one. 1864 regular Indian. Last keeper from the hole was the suspender buckle with a patent date of 1872. I gave all of my finds to him and decided to walk out to the creek and take a break. Eyeballs a beautiful blob top bottle!  Walked a bit down stream and eyeballed a nice little ink bottle with the stopper inside. Both bottles are a little crude, not quite symmetrical .  They have a special place in the display since they are my firsts.  Looking forward to detecting that creek!!   Thanks for looking and HH

[Image: 14456247769130_zpshdd6mwaz.jpg]

[Image: 14456248043730_zpsswm5tsls.jpg]
[Image: 14456248214521_zpszduozyqu.jpg]
[Image: 14456248428272_zpskvkyu7ur.jpg]
[Image: 14456249151965_zpsdtofhyev.jpg]
[Image: 14456248782654_zpszhmllvdv.jpg]
[Image: 14456248637473_zpsw9i3p4xp.jpg]
Christ, you got everything but the kitchen sink...fantastic!

Joe
I know eh lol. There was also a clay pipe and an old lighter but I forgot the pics. I'm sure if I scrounge around there long enough I'd actually stumble across a kitchen sink lol.
Impressive finds,,isn't the 1865 a key date coin believe it is the L mark
Nice finds!! Sounds like a neat site!!
It's an 1864. I think it's a semi key date. It cleaned up beautifully and is sitting in my buddy's display case

(11-25-2015 08:08 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]Nice finds!!  Sounds like a neat site!!

Thank you for looking!  The site is huge and covers about a square mile. It was a grist mill and homestead with barns and outbuildings. Going back in the spring when there's less vegetation
Great finds! The bottles pretty cool. Makes me want to go out and finish escavating the cellar hole on my property. 

Hh
Dude
, if I had a colonial cellar hole on my property, I'd be in heaven!!!!!!!
Never seen a Victorian LC! Nice grouping of finds. Keep that guy your friend!!

Ed/ODF
We have several cellar holes to hit in the spring. He owns an absolutely stupid amount of land and they are all on his property. I got him into detecting, and if we are at his ancestors home sites, I give him everything I find. We're pretty tight lol
Reference URL's