Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Should've stayed in bed :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went back to the spot where I got the crotal bell from, today. Terrible. Not one decent signal in the entire patch of woods for 3.5 hours. Due to the lack of high tones, I was pretty much digging everything; low tones, medium tones, surface hits, etc. Shotgun shells, old rusted soda can lids & bottle caps killed me. Got ONE wheat there, and a few memorial pennies. Got a little junker ring, too, as well as 2 musket balls, one of which looks like it hit something and split down the middle. Soooo...

Decided to hit my silver spot again to try and salvage the day. Not many signals left at this place. Was there 2 hours & was just about to call it quits, when I get a kinda good, but kinda crappy signal. Definitely diggable though. The dirt managed to give up a 41 silver Washington Happy I was thrilled. Not only did it save my hunt, but, it's also the first big silver I've dug in months, as I seem to be in dime heaven.

Oh yeah, think I managed to throw away my merc I found on Sunday, when I was emptying my pouch at the first spot, this morning. To show you what an addict I am, I contemplated driving 7 or 8 miles back to the place in NJ rush hour traffic, to rifle through the garbage & see if its there...then sanity set in, lol.

Joe
Me too !!

Went up there about 8:45am tried calling you, not the right number. Rode around twice, then park by the lake. JUNK, 1 wheat, 13 memorials, 1 clad dime. Lefted at 11am.
(09-03-2013 07:37 PM)bulletbob Wrote: [ -> ]Me too !!

Went up there about 8:45am tried calling you, not the right number. Rode around twice, then park by the lake. JUNK, 1 wheat, 13 memorials, 1 clad dime. Lefted at 11am.

Well, if you saw a Maroon SUV in the lot, that was me, lol. Across from lake, too. Got there a tad past 9. Left at 1. Too overgrown. Gotta wait till Winter, or, better yet Spring Wink

Joe
Always nice to find a silver quarter!
Good find on that quarter. That is alot of can tops. You have Fios too? It's way better than Comcast.
(09-05-2013 12:06 AM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Good find on that quarter.  That is alot of can tops.  You have Fios too?  It's way better than Comcast.

Yeah, Comcast isn't bad, but, Fios kicks a$$! I normally don't dig surface hits, as 99% of the time it's trash, but, I was in the woods not getting many signals anyway, so, just decided to dig everything. Hence the amount of can lids Wink If I was getting my regular deep mid & high tones, would've never dug them, this place is very sparse though.

Joe
Reference URL's