Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: What's your favorite jewelry detector?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everyone seems to have one, have you found one that works better for you than other ones?

How much foil do you dig to find the small gold jewelry? Or do you disc foil out and not dig it as time is better spent looking for the bigger gold items?
(11-25-2015 10:22 PM)Sven TreasureLinx Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone seems to have one, have you found one that works better for you than other ones?

How much foil do you dig to find the small gold jewelry? Or do you disc foil out and not dig it as time is better spent looking for the bigger gold items?

Don't actively seek out jewelry on land, Sven, but when I used to beach hunt heavily, I swore by the CZ21. That thing would hit gold hard. Is it a dedicated jewelry detector? No, but it would hit sterling jewelry and gold like nobody's business.

Aside from knocking out iron, I pretty much dug everything above that, as thin gold bands can come in as low as foil, and a gold honker can come in as dime or higher.

Joe
Swen, I was not finding gold rings or charms until I re-read the manual and some online tips. Lately I haven't found any rings in the dirt but I am do.
My favorite machine is the Exp II -
I recently purchased a Excal II but haven't had time to beach hunt.

I hope other write about what they use, I am interested in what is the best gold machine out there too
As far as small jewelry the Compadre hits it along with the tiniest pieces of foil.
(11-26-2015 12:24 AM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Swen, I was not finding gold rings or charms until I re-read the manual and some online tips. Lately I haven't found any rings in the dirt but I am do.
My favorite machine is the Exp II -
I recently purchased a Excal II but haven't had time to beach hunt.

I hope other write about what they use, I am interested in what is the best gold machine out there too
Hi Big tony Just A tip I used the Excal all the time in fresh water lakes and love it found lots of gold and silver I would run the discrim at 1 this takes care of the nails and you get everything else. Just so you know when the battery is going dead the machine goes n uts you will think something is wrong with it

I think everyone has there own favoriate detector for jewelry in water I love the CTX 3030 I get lots of rings and small ear ring but I wouldn't find the earing so easy. But I use my Titanic scoop which gets the small ear rings fast compared to the 1/2 holed sc oops which take many scoops to get them.
On land which I never look for jewelry , except for 1800 fur trade silver which is really small most of the time I use the MXT which has great depth.
But the problem is I know how to use these machines in and out.
Stevo, thanks for the Excal tip
I love the At Pro and Excalibur 2 for jewelry. The At Pro will find smaller gold then the Excal. But in the water the Excal has a big footprint.
Reference URL's