Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Today's Digs in an Old Site Revisited :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Muddy out there today Gents!

Got a cool flat button with a square hole in it = the shank was cut out - most likely it broke and they tried to reuse/resew it on a shirt/coat or something = pretty cool...

Got a 1919 S wheat and some marbles, a brass rivet, etc.

Notice the semi-key date 1868 Injun front and center = all 4 diamonds show on the ribbon and every letter in the headband is sharp/strong

looks like it was dropped the day after minting = Yes

even as is = worth some $$ (love late 1860s thru 1870s injuns)...

Beer

[Image: IMG_2347_zpsellnnyyn.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2348_zpsluz54u0z.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2349_zps6px1pvyb.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2350_zpst0csy4t4.jpg]
Man Wayne that is one hell of a nice looking IH!! NICE FIND!! You're doing it right to find all that in a farmer's field!!!

Ed/ODF
That is 1 sweet looking Indian. Great find. Congrats. GL&HH
Nice finds!! Fighting the mud is something I have not had to do in a while!! LOL
That indian IS in superb shape Happy Strangely, I normally find more indians than I do silver, but I haven't found but a one, lately.

It's either digging in mud, or not being able to dig, at all, as the ground will be freezing soon. Be happy you're still able to get your hands dirty in November! Yes

Joe
Nice digs! I'm thinking that "button" with the square hole is actually a knob for an oil lamp.
(11-28-2015 05:35 PM)Nick A Wrote: [ -> ]Nice digs! I'm thinking that "button" with the square hole is actually a knob for an oil lamp.

Interesting call, Nick Happy

Joe
Beautiful IH, congratulations!
Good call Nick and good research!

I had my doubts on the flat button thing but had no other thought as to what it could be and my buddy told me that he too thought is was most likely a flat button.

You seem to know your stuff pretty well there pal = stick around for a while - pull up a chair and make yourself at home - we can use a guy like you around here (as I'm sure others will agree)...

There's a few of us here that know a lot about a lot but not everything about everything if you know what I mean - so - glad to see you join the team!

Beer
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's