Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Bunch of stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A older license plate x6738
A shovel
Axe head
Couple buckles and parts
A bullet I think?
Frying pan and a horse tie up.

No idea how old any of it is or if it even is.
2 great finds Zach! Old axe head and license plate for sure. You're on that site again. You're removing the iron. That's a key to getting to the good stuff, depending what good stuff is in your venue. I've dug a number of axe heads and license plates. It's part of metal detecting a site. Getting through the stuff that interferes with the good signals.

But license plates and axe heads are collectable. Another thing to pay attention to is to put a known object next to your photos to give a perspective of the size. A clad quarter will do.

Nice finds! Took me 3 years to find 1 axe head! And when I saw that, I knew somebody was there working. Expand the area of search. Where did they use that axe head?

Ed/ODF
I think that's the oldest license plate I've ever seen! Cool stuff, especially the axe head Yes

How old does the site date back to?

Joe
Thanks guys! pretty exciting but still waiting on a nice coin.

Joe, the land was purchased in the 1920s by great grandparents. Best info I could find so far about the land is a map from 1876. and the main site I hunt is on the map. Not exactly sure how far it goes back though.
Nice finds, the axe head is cool. Just think that was such a personal and important tool. Thanks for sharing. GL, HH!
Love the brass horse buckles and the reigns guide (the thing you call a horse tie)!

Axe is pretty cool too Yes

BeerBeer
Thanks up and relic! When I do find everyday items I always think man, how important this was to them and now it's mine!
Yes relic, reigns guide. Thanks for the correction
Terrific finds!
Does the licenswe plate have letters on the right hand side - from top to bottom?
That is where the NJ (for New Jersey) was on the one I found and under that was the two digit year.
The axe head has some age to it
 for sure. The short stubby ones are older I believe, and yours fits the bill. Very cool license plate too!!
Reference URL's