Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Lucky Find
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
About six months ago I found part of a maker marked California Bowie, yesterday I was hunting the same site about 75 yds. from where the first piece was found, and I found another piece of a Bowie knife. I was happy, but didn't think much of it until I got home and set the two pieces  along side each other and realized it was a match. I really was surprised! No self respecting miner entered the goldfields without his trusty knife close by. Also found 1866 Indian head penny (my oldest Indian so far) and a pretty cool button.
[attachment=6998]
Wow, talk about an exact fit! Even though it's the same site, it's not easy finding something that color, which camaflouges in with its surroundings...good eye, Cap Yes

Love the indian & button, too. What kind of button is that?

Joe
I would say that's pretty lucky with it being so far apart..nice knife though, that's pretty cool. Grats on the coin. Keep em coming!
Nice find/s cap Yes

Beer
Nice score! Glad you found the other half . Congrats on your oldest Indian
That is a PHENOMENAL find Cap! Yes To think you were able to put the pieces together for an exact fit, well that's not only GOOD luck it's FABULOUS detecting!!!

That penny is a pretty good one too! I still see LIBERTY on her!!!

Congrats!!!!

Ed/ODF
Nice! Glad you found the other piece. Hope you find the missing piece to make it whole. By the looks of it, that is a heck of a knife!  Congrats!
Cool man!
Outstanding hope somewhere you find the rest to complete it,,great ih also
That is lucky to find the match! Congratualtions and terrific button and IH
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's