Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Some recent digs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The videos for these digs are posted in the video forum and on my YouTube Channel. One 30 second brushing of aluminum jelly turned this button from black to gold...Beer

[attachment=7016]
[attachment=7015]
[attachment=7011]
[attachment=7012]
[attachment=7013]
[attachment=7014]
Nice finds I Dig! Nice button too! Yes What the heck is Aluminum Jelly???

Ed
Nice finds! Love that history! 

Ed, you might recall Navy Jelly for rust. Think it's a Navy jelly for aluminum.
I dig your finds, WTG
Fantastic, Brady!!! Must be nice just walking out your front and digging 1800's coins & relics Yes That button is KILLER Happy

Joe
Love that button!  
Did you ever figure out what the point thing is?
Helped me I.D my first mini round ball! At least I think. Looks just like yours! Thanks for sharing!
(11-30-2015 07:58 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Nice finds I Dig!  Nice button too! Yes What the heck is Aluminum Jelly???

Ed

Thanks Ed, "updownup" is correct it's a lot like naval jelly, but this stuff works way better. You can order it online, I can't find it in any store. It works wonders on anything that is gold plated... great for eagle buttons. Can't leave it on long though, usually 30-60 seconds then rinse clean. treat again if necessary. I prefer only one treatment, I don't want my relic to look new.

(11-30-2015 08:54 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]I dig your finds, WTG

Thanks BigTBeer

(12-01-2015 08:55 PM)RelicMedic Wrote: [ -> ]Love that button!  
Did you ever figure out what the point thing is?

Still a mystery 

(12-02-2015 03:00 AM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]Helped me I.D my first mini round ball! At least I think. Looks just like yours! Thanks for sharing!

If your lead has that white patina, than it's old and is most likely a round ball of some sort. If it's really small, smaller than the one I have here, then it's likely a buck and ball.

(11-30-2015 09:23 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Fantastic, Brady!!! Must be nice just walking out your front and digging 1800's coins & relics Yes That button is KILLER Happy

Joe

Thanks Joe, I feel guilty if I ever complain because I know I am very lucky to have my own private hunting grounds full of colonial goodies. I am truly blessed!
Reference URL's