Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: One foot down?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
5 1/2 inches long, weighs in at 3 oz., and looks like pewter, but gave a 76-80 reading on the AT Pro. Any ideas?

[attachment=7017]
[attachment=7018]
[attachment=7019]
I'm leaning toward the idea that it is a weapon of sorts. The only thing I can think of is a double ended throwing spike. Which were not unheard of in that era. Any other input out there?

Ed
Sorry I don't have a clue! tent spike?
Different kind of find - congrats
Need some perspective for size.
Is that a round rod coming out of the end?
Looks a lot like a trolling fishing weight but that would be made of lead and I've never seen lead flake like that.
Maybe it is a flag pole ornament. Did you find it near Civil War encampament?
(11-30-2015 11:05 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]Need some perspective for size.

Size and weight are given above in the original post.

(12-01-2015 03:44 AM)biggredd1972 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks a lot like a trolling fishing weight but that would be made of lead and I've never seen lead flake like that.

Yeah, kind of looks like pewter, but? 

(12-01-2015 02:20 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe it is a flag pole ornament. Did you find it near Civil War encampament?

My house was used as an infirmary during the civil war, but I don't think it came from a flag pole. 

(11-30-2015 11:05 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]Need some perspective for size.

Yes there does appear to be some sort of rod coming out of one end, that should give up this things identity, but I am still stumped. 
Reference URL's