Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Sleep Clinic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I sleep an average of 5-6 hours a night. Dream fairly quickly after falling asleep.
Wife says iI snore, so dies she. She says I move my legs, especially when I am defending myself in a dream, yes I took martial arts when younger. The doctor sai I need to visit a sleep clinic, since I feel tired during the day.

Hit the clinic, figured I would get a good nights sleep, already for it. Had 100 wires with probes attached to my head and body. No big deal, I sleep on my back and lie there like a corpse. Wife swears she doesn't hear me breathe and look dead when I sleep.

So I was tucked in at 10:30, piece of cake, will be dead to the world in 5 minutes.
Wrong! Just couldn't really fall asleep, normal bed time is 11:45PM. Felt like the recovery room after surgery this summer. Not sure if I ever got any real sleep at the clinic. Woke up? a couple times ask ask to be unhooked to visit the rest room. Remember dreaming once. Woke up at one point to a meow, felt like the cat was on me, realized it was my hand on my hip and I was at the clinic, called to used the restroom. The door opened up and this scary ugly halloween masked technician come in to unhook me, tell her I heard a cat. Then really woke up, that was a dream.

Didn't get much if any sleep, yet the night went fast, 5:30am came fast. At 6am I was on my way home.

Did notice something that kept me up, highway vehicle noise. It was very low but, I could here it. The highway was about 2 miles away. That had me thinking why I never really felt rested after a nights sleep. From about 1984 to about 2005, I lived near a highways, expressways within a mile of the apartments we lived in. Mainly as the rests were the cheapest in those areas and for run and gun trips, the highways, expressways entrance ramps were only a couple minutes away..... What I remembered is the traffic, truck, tire whine noise was ridiculously annoying. At times would keep me up, or wake me up, had to keep the windows closed. About 2005 we moved to Georgia, nice and quiet, decent sleep until the trains blew their whistles at 11pm  and 1:30am as it rumbled along the tracks in the valley. Tracks were a mile or so away....doesn't help when your a light sleeper ready to take action on intruders..... Funny thing, moving to Canada can't seem to escape the trains. At least I never lived under a International Airports flight path like my friend. Maddening, you stopped talking when a jet flew above your heads.

Anyways, I am tired at the moment but, not tired enough to sleep, so will carry on with the day like normal. Time for breakfast and a 1 1/2 cup of coffee, 2 tablespoons of sugar and creme. Then wash these globs of paste out of my hair that held probes in place.
[attachment=7023]
Sven, are you off your meds again??? LOL Chuckle

Well, I'm actually an EXTREMELY heavy snorer, and have gotten lots of complaints about it over the years. However, I tend to snore only when I'm sleeping in a certain position.

Drink a couple cups of coffee and a Red Bull or two, and I assure you, you will feel VERY awake! Tongue

Joe
Wife wonders how my tests always come back healthy and better than expected.
Wonders for my age why I don't have aliments and that need meds. Rolleyes

But, I prefer "Rock Star" energy drinks, actually thought about that this morning.
I could probably go out detecting today after one of those and dig 1000 holes....
Add a powdered jelly donut or two.....wife may want to take advantage of me later on.   She'll say "If you have enough energy to go out detecting,.............."

Red Bull, I need to slug it down in one gulp, horrible and gets worse as it warms up. Swear it must really be made from carb, injector cleaner you pour into your cars gas tank.
I sleep like a log! Snore, fart, cough, get up to blow my damn nose, pee, drink a bottle of water and go back to sleep. I sleep between 7 and 8 hours a night. Any more and my joints get to hurting pretty bad. I take 6-12 ounce prescribed (by me) beverages Beer during the course of the evening to help me get to sleep along with some benadryl caplets. Out by midnight, up at 8 am. But I also have been taking supplements and vitamins since I was a kid. Wife also says that sometimes she thinks I'm dead! I tell her I'm just in such a deep Delta sleep I very well could be.

Last doctor visit BP normal, blood work perfect. Doc says to keep an eye out for the errant cement truck or bus. I am on no prescribed or otherwise drugs. Only time I feel real crappy is when it's over 90F out. I can't stand the heat anymore.

Every year during the summer lately I tell the woman we're moving to Canada or North Dakota!!

Ed/ODF
That's what I like to do, live spring summers fall up here, head south in the winter.
I'm good to about 80 degrees, prefer 70- 72 degrees.
(12-02-2015 11:16 PM)Sven TreasureLinx Wrote: [ -> ]That's what I like to do, live spring summers fall up here, head south in the winter.
I'm good to about 80 degrees, prefer 70- 72 degrees.

I'm sure you've seen my millions of posts bitching about the heat & humidity...HATE it! Like you, anything over 80 and I'm in a real bad mood. Especially if it's humid outside. I do very little detecting during the summer, might make it out a total of 10 times from late June till early September.

Right now is actually my absolute favorite part of the year, next to Spring.

Joe
I did the sleep study way back for the same reasons. I couldn't sleep there either and I was normal too that didn't bode well with the wife.
Now I train myself to shut my mouth completely - even if I have a few libations before sleep time to help me relax. It seems that libations make me forget to close my mouth shut and then I end up on my back and the snore train in is motion. Then I am tired in the morning from lack of good rem sleep - as they say.
Reference URL's