Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1909 award plaque
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Found this at a park construction site just before Thanksgiving. I did some research on it, but there's still a lot of unknowns. More details in this article on my website.
Cool find. Great job on the research.
TERRIFIC PIECE!!! I really enjoy those mystery items that we have to research, that have back stories to them. Just a guess, but maybe the recipient was a donor/officer of the tennis club, and he was gifted with the badge as a token of appreciation.

That right there is an incredible keepsake, and a great display worthy find Happy

Joe
Great plaque faceplate I'd say! You know at the soccer fields where I manage during the season, there are four full sized field areas that were once furniture dumps. As a matter of fact, the garbage transfer station that takes about 3 cities household trash is across the RR tracks on the other side of these fields. I inquired to the service director of the city we are located in and he gave me the whole scoop. Back in the mid to late 1800's it was a dairy farm. Then they went bust and the land was taken over by the city for a trash dump. Since the mid 1960's it was turned into an industrial parkway and recreation fields. I find everything but the kitchen sink in those fields. And on drainage digs, we find all kinds of stuff. Never, however, a silver plaque faceplate! So that's a nice find no matter how it got there and you did some pretty good research!!!

Ed/ODF
Really cool find, congratulations!
Very unique find ,,congratulations on that save
Very Cool! Beer
Love finding "personal" relics of any kind. Just makes history come alive and triggers something inside to research until you figure out the story!

Cool find Yes

Beer
Congratulations on Nice Plaque! Thanks for sharing the history behind it.
That's just incredible!  Wow!  Congratulations. Personal finds are the reason I love this hobby so much. Stellar!
Reference URL's