Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Saturday's Hunt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got out with my friend at an old company employee park that dates back to the 1920s. It's been well searched, but he hit a little spot full of iron that yielded about 30 wheats! He also scored 3 silver dimes. I had 7 wheats, a Merc and a war nickel, and also found a FitBit. A really good day for both of us at this place.
WTG on the Merc and the War nickel!! Yes That pile of stuff looks like the back of my truck sometimes!! I'd keep hitting that spot. The more you clean a spot like that out, the more goodies that show up!

Ed
Congrats on a great day!
Nice finds, Nick. Yep, whenever there's iron, there's older stuff hiding there, that others couldn't get due to the antiquated detectors of yesteryear, or simply because they were "afraid" of the trash, and didn't want to deal with it. So they left it for us Yes

I'll take a merc & war nickel any day, though, I could do without the FitBit, as I would really rather NOT know how much exercise I'm lacking Chuckle

Joe
Nice hunting. Sometimes I like digging in the iron and other times it drives me nuts. Great digs.
OH wow you found my fitbit. Been looking for that Tongue! Nice merc and war nickle. I'd go back for sure.
WTG, congratulations!
Nice finds nick,,question do you always take the dirt home aswell lol HH
(12-04-2015 02:51 PM)scott demont Wrote: [ -> ]Nice finds nick,,question do you always take the dirt home aswell lol HH

I try to take as little as possible, but it does seem to accumulate. :-)
Looks like a fun day of digging!  Definitely worth a trip back there.
Reference URL's