Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: NEED HELP WITH A TAG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Found this tag on a short hunt today any ideas on what the letters and numbers are in front of the name,,the address is few houses from mine [attachment=7044]
Haven't a clue, Scott. Why don't you take it down to the house, knock on the door, and see if anyone knows anything about it?

Whatever it is, it's an interesting piece Yes

Joe
It's an old charge card or charge plate (i.e. credit card) from the 1940s-1950s. If you look at the back, on the bottom rim it should have some manufacturers info, probably Charga-Plate Credit Token. BCA stands for Budget Charge Account. The numbers and letters would be the account number.

Joseph F. Persechino was born May 16, 1936, son of Natalino and Maria Perschino. He attended the College of The Holy Cross in 1957. From 1998-2002 he lived at 45 Chapman Park in Gardner, MA. Mrs. Carol D. Persechino was born November 19, 1937. They're both members of Annunciation Parish in Gardner and seem to still be alive as of October this year.

[attachment=7056]
Joe

More info on early charge plates
(12-05-2015 01:31 PM)Nick A Wrote: [ -> ]It's an old charge card or charge plate (i.e. credit card) from the 1940s-1950s. If you look at the back, on the bottom rim it should have some manufacturers info, probably Charga-Plate Credit Token. BCA stands for Budget Charge Account. The numbers and letters would be the account number.

Joseph F. Persechino was born May 16, 1936, son of Natalino and Maria Perschino. He attended the College of The Holy Cross in 1957. From 1998-2002 he lived at 45 Chapman Park in Gardner, MA. Mrs. Carol D. Persechino was born November 19, 1937. They're both members of Annunciation Parish in Gardner and seem to still be alive as of October this year.  

Joe

More info on early charge plates
Holy crap nick you just blew my mind with all the info thanks so much
Great ID Nick! I remember the swipe card machines which had those types of plates that businesses I worked for used. By then though, in the late 60's, it was plastic on the customer side. Diner's Club & American Express. Never knew it had an origin in budget account plates!! Of course nobody remembers mimeograph before Xerox came to fruition. Thanks for the heads up and nice find Scott. Don't spend it all in one place!! Chuckle

Ed/ODF
The nuns hated mineograph and made the eight grade boys fiddle with the dang machine. They were afraid of the smell from the machine.

Cool find adn terrific information of a relic from our past, thanks I enjoyed both
Reference URL's