Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: FIRST TRADE TOKEN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got the flu last week and cooped up in the house ,needed some air so after a week i swung my coil for a short hunt Found this old tag the address is a couple down from mine and no clue what is before the name also found my first trade token,,i see many names on the token looking it up but what do they mean?? Thanks for any info abd HAPPY HUNTING MEMBERS
That is a sweet token!! That could be a very collectible token!! Congrats!
Great find!! Yes Beer You know I've never found one of those old ones. I find those damn Chuck E Cheese ones all the time! LOL!

Ed/ODF
Thanks guys it will come ed,,ron i seen a few on eBay anywhere from 19$_75$
WTG Scott, it's a great find!

How old do you think it is?
(12-04-2015 09:07 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]WTG Scott, it's a great find!

How old do you think it is?

Need to look into that one bigtony,,most things i find in this yard are around from mid 1800to present day
Really cool token! and $19-$75? that's pretty damn good if you'd ask me.

Also Ed, save all those chuck e cheese tokens! I heard they have all the OLD games in there now! ChuckleYesYesBeer
Cool trade token Yes

Brunswick Balke Collender co. Chicago IL. in business from 1884 - 1914

Rarity of piece = R1 (more than 5000 known)

Page 574 in "The Standard Catalog of US Tokens" 1700 - 1900

Beer
Nice find. These were issued for pool halls. Brunswick made pool tables. Many of these tokens were personalized in the oval, like yours is. You can probably look up M.C. Carroll in old city directories for your area to see when the place was in business.
Ahhhh swinging the coil is so therapeutic. That's a very cool token!  Congrats on a stellar find!
Reference URL's