Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Fors Gold+ Field Test in 1840s/50s Site w/pics :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The similarity between coinshooters & relic hunters is, both will dig iron to unmask, but...

A coinshooter isn't going to actively, purposely dig iron signals aside from that reason. Yet, there's a lot of cool iron which isn't junk; ax heads, nails, old spurs, etc. They're just as much a relic as anything else, however, as I'm mainly a coinshooter, I won't purposely dig it for the find itself, only for the benefit of unmasking.

To me, that's the definition of a true, hardened relic hunter, they have no issues - and some even love - hunting in iron. Whereas for a coin or jewelry guy, it's more of a chore.

Joe
My Explorer II finds the junk and iron as well. I posted some a few dyas ago.
The only problem I have is the overload signals, sometimes they are too large to remove from a park, I don't know what to use to fill the hole
(12-07-2015 10:48 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]My Explorer II finds the junk and iron as well. I posted some a few dyas ago.
The only problem I have is the overload signals, sometimes they are too large to remove from a park, I don't know what to use to fill the hole

Use some of the bodies you've had to "dispose of", Big Tony Tongue

Joe
Too funny Joe.
I don't want to sound negative - that machine as you show it in this field test is probably a very good relic machine and the Civil War detectorists would love to own it

Are you planning on a hunt in a park? Or is that machine to sensitive for a park?
(12-08-2015 02:35 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Too funny Joe.
I don't want to sound negative - that machine as you show it in this field test is probably a very good relic machine and the Civil War detectorists would love to own it

Are you planning on a hunt in a park? Or is that machine to sensitive for a park?

I don't hunt parks (or anything like that) Tony...

1800s iron infested sites 99% of the time when dirt hunting

I also hunt IN the lakes (Lake Michigan/etc)...
Thanks for sharing this information. Sounds like its a good machine. Keep us updated as you continue using it. Gl, HH!
So this machine can id iron better than f19? I know big iton right away with that. My favorite iron machine is the good ole bandido...can dig chunks of iron all day with that. So whats the deal with the Racer? Thought it was the cats meow?Wink
(12-10-2015 10:02 AM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]So this machine can id iron better than f19? I know big iton right away with that. My favorite iron machine is the good ole bandido...can dig chunks of iron all day with that. So whats the deal with the Racer? Thought it was the cats meow?Wink

It's not that it can ID iron "better" Ray

it's that it SEES iron/stuff other machines walk right over/don't see.

That's a good thing because as I said = you can then dig that stuff and remove it from the site so that it's not masking out the more valuable/better stuff one may be looking for (coins, buttons, nuggets, jewelry, etc.)...

And I know what you mean about the F19 = that's the beauty of that machine - you can tell large iron when you come across it unmistakably - in fact - when you want to iron relic hunt - it's a great machine for that too but take one of THESE machines into a site that you've ran the F19 in and you'll find a LOT of things the F19 left behind/didn't even see.

The Racer??

Yeah = cat's meow in carpets of nails/tiny bits of iron type sites with the small 5" OOR coil installed = it will pick the good stuff out of the nastiest iron infested/trash infested sites on the planet that the Deus, F19, and other iron sifters just can't see

but

after using it for a couple of months - I came to realize that THAT is all it's good for and so UNless you're hunting those type of sites specifically and constantly = the machine just sits in the corner and so I sold it because I don't hunt those type of sites in the majority - the sites I hunt mainly are a "mix" of iron (nails, flat, cast, relics, etc.) and so I don't need a machine that I only need maybe 1 out of every 5 sites that I hunt.

And now that I have this Gold+ = I'm glad to have sold that machine (Racer) because this sucker lights up a site! It's like an F19 and Racer on Crack! lol Big Grin
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's