Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Fors Gold+ Field Test in 1840s/50s Site w/pics :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all,

had a fun day today testing out the newly released Nokta Fors Gold+ in the old Ghost Town site where I took the CF77 just 2 days ago.

One thing I can say in testing this unit out is that IF you have any place you THINK is hunted out from using 5 or 10 different machines at over the last however many years = you may want to rethink that belief and get yourself one of these units and rehunt that/those places again

because

as you can see below - in just a 3 hr hunt total - I pulled a pile of relics out of this site that I've hunted for 4 yrs now with anything from a CTX to a Deus, F19, AT Pro, Gold Bug, Vaquero, Etrac, Tejon, Racer, CF77, CZ6a, and now the Gold+ and WoW did I miss a LOT of relics/stuff that the other machines just never picked up on.

I mean - I knew that there was still some big iron/relics to be had but I had no clue there was so much still in the ground until I took this unit in there today!

This machine makes the ground come alive when ran in Boost mode! You can literally hear the ground talking to you and it doesn't stop Big Grin Check out the tiny .22 shell casings and the micro washer piece all found at a good 8 to 9" deep! This machine slams tiny brass/mid conductors at real depth!

[Image: Gold%201_zpsi6hzyg9s.jpg]

[Image: Gold%202_zps5chndy4k.jpg]

[Image: Gold%203_zpsprf7x9ri.jpg]

[Image: Gold%204_zpsrsou5lau.jpg]

[Image: Gold%205_zpsbhmfcu2x.jpg]

[Image: Gold%206_zpssayvnyhh.jpg]

[Image: Gold%207_zpsqnlve9or.jpg]

[Image: Gold%208_zps84zba2wo.jpg]

[Image: Gold%209_zpsoyfqd5wf.jpg]
1865!!! HOLY CRAP!!! Great finds MRH!!! I mean you really "hit it out there!". I heard the Nokta's in general were pretty good machines, but man MRH, that's astounding!!!

Great Re-re-re-re-re-re-hunt! Yes Beer Beer Beer

Ed/ODF
Wow that's insane!
That's why I would like to own another good detector! Amazing.
Most are iron , right?
If you're gonna find an indian, that's the one to get, Wayne!!! Yes Gonna have to start calling you the "Mad Scientist", what with all these experiments! Tongue

I'd like to test ONE machine. A CTX. I would use it in the same spots I always do, and if I use it and find a bunch of coins I didn't before, I'd be a convert Wink

Joe
Thats one nice old Indian you have there!Beer
(12-07-2015 09:56 AM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Most are iron , right?

Yes Ray

but

I knew they were iron before diggin (99.9% sure anyway!)

that's the beauty of it though

I am able to not only find all of this iron that many many other machines have just simply overlooked/ignored over the last 4 yrs that I've used in there

but

I can tell that it's large iron too and so I can now remove it so that it doesn't pose a masking problem anymore in searching for things like the Injun!

Ingenious (hehehe) Evil
(12-07-2015 02:45 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2015 09:56 AM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Most are iron , right?

Yes Ray

but

I knew they were iron before diggin (99.9% sure anyway!)

that's the beauty of it though

I am able to not only find all of this iron that many many other machines have just simply overlooked/ignored over the last 4 yrs that I've used in there

but

I can tell that it's large iron too and so I can now remove it so that it doesn't pose a masking problem anymore in searching for things like the Injun!

Ingenious (hehehe) Evil

Wayne, you might want to field test my Safari then. It has NO problem finding iron Tongue

Joe
(12-07-2015 03:45 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Wayne, you might want to field test my Safari then. It has NO problem finding iron Tongue

Joe

[Image: laughing021_zpshic6ns5t.gif]

Seriously though

every time I take a new machine in the site it does find a few pieces of the large/r iron but usually the average machine in say a 3 hr hunt like this one = might find 1/2 of what you see in the photo of the stuff on my tailgate (like 4 or 5 pieces maybe).

What you don't see/what I didn't mention here is

the iron on my tailgate is only like 1/2 of the iron I actually found/dug in those 3 hrs!

I piled a HUGE pile of flat iron, cast, and other large junk pieces of iron up against a tree off in the back to my left that you can't see in the photos

That's the thing with THIS machine - it's crazy/insane how much iron it jumped on/saw in the site that all other machines I've used in there just plain overlooked AND I knew it was iron before I dug because of the way the machine conveys it to you

and that's a GOOD thing because = I don't want it overlooked because that means it's sitting there masking out/blocking the GOOD stuff from being found!

BeerBeer
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's