Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: What about this Polish machines?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Armand Dominator 2 and 3

Interesting machine if you like knobs and switches..I do.
Looks well built, quality machine.

Anyone ever see or use one of these?

[attachment=7086]

[attachment=7087]

I watched the Videos and made some inquiries regarding pricing and coil sizes....no smaller coil sizes.
Dom 2 approx. $425.00US shipped
Dom 3 approx. $460.00US shipped

Dominator 2 and 3 have the same performance, just different shape coil and the Dom 3 has a few more LED's and a  built in flashlight.

While watching the videos, looked like a very interesting units. Did notice some tuning issues when coil height changes in disc. mode.
Kind of odd for a modern day machine. Clearly reminded me of an older analog VLF/TR discriminate machine. In TR disc. mode the coil had to be tuned for a constant height over the ground. If raised any higher than the tune, volume would increase. On uneven surfaces this can be a challenge, so TR Disc mode was used a lot just for checking a target.

Found the English version of the owners manual on line, reading through it about disc mode, sounds just like TR disc. mode, not a VLF ground balanced disc mode. Looks modern like the Troy Shadow X5 with old technology guts?

http://www.armand.pl/download/Armand-Dom...Manual.pdf

What do you think?

Still researching it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zncTCyES95M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yvBNihvwh8
Use one? I never even heard of one! Lol. Sven, where in the heck do you find these things?! Chuckle

Based on the video, I didn't care for the tones. Of course, that's not the most important thing, but coming from a Minelab, I enjoy the richness, the spectrum, the wide variation of a good tonal quality. That didn't seem to have it.

But if it can get 15" on a dime, forget everything I said above Chuckle Tongue

Joe
Don't know about those. Thanks for bringing them around to see. Those Russian ones were very fascinating! All I can say is if I lived in Europe, I'd never get any sleep.

Ed/ODF
There are so many detectors made overseas many will never see or hear about.
I know where to look for them and enjoy showing what else exists outside the US.
N. American detectorists are a sheltered bunch but, finally looking up and looking around......taking notice. It's a big world out there, fun hunting down those unknown machines.

As for the Dominator tones, couldn't really grasp the tones as they were not actual hunting sessions, more like a quick demo session.  So far I cannot find a good clean hunting video review. Haven't visited the European forum sites yet.
I'm liking this one a lot more than the Russian one. As of right now, I prefer a lcd screen to help with my noobiness. But if ever got a OLD fashioned unit I'd definitely look more into something like this. I like buttons CoolCool
(12-07-2015 11:58 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm liking this one a lot more than the Russian one. As of right now, I prefer a lcd screen to help with my noobiness. But if ever got a OLD fashioned unit I'd definitely look more into something like this. I like buttons CoolCool

I don't care what anyone says, as I go by my own experiences only. Regardless of experience level, VDI meters DO help. Of course, tone should be the first & foremost thing to go by, but a detector with even a halfway decently accurate VDI meter is a godsend. Why anyone wouldn't opt to have MORE information is beyond me, and every extra nugget of intel helps. As long as it doesn't become a crutch, and turn a hunter in being very choosy, or is depended upon solely, VDI is simply another helpful tool in our box of tricks.

Joe
(12-07-2015 11:55 PM)Sven TreasureLinx Wrote: [ -> ]There are so many detectors made overseas many will never see or hear about.
I know where to look for them and enjoy showing what else exists outside the US.
N. American detectorists are a sheltered bunch but, finally looking up and looking around......taking notice.

I find that we here in the states are willing to try almost anything, provided it works, is good quality, and is affordable. Of course, we'd rather keep the money in our own county, if possible, but that's not realistically feasable in this new, competitive global economy.

Heck, most of the cars you see on the road here are foreign, along with electronics, clothing, etc. The stuff is inexpensive, and it works just as good, if not better than American made.

There are a LOT of guys swinging Deus' now, Fors', and a million other foreign units. Even Minelab manufactures in Malaysia, I believe. The lone holdout is Whites, who still makes the machines here, but I'm sure most of the components are bought for pennies on the dollar overseas.

I don't really think it's much of an issue anymore, as if we just shopped for American made, we'd be severely limited in both selection & pricing options.

Joe
that one reminds me too of and older Garrett. Might be good but need more info.

You know Joe you make a good point about the cars being foreign.....why hasn't Honda or Toyota developed a MD? Might be a good idea
Honda can use some of their motorcycle or car names
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Honda_motorcycles

Picture below is the stealth model to disguise yourself so as not to attract attention.
This is the wireless earbud model. Note the small coil for high trash areas.
Also note the Lesch tool in his side pouch.
[Image: hht35suka-in-use-2.jpg]
Spent some time on the Polish Forums and learning about the Dominator 2.

Lets say it looks pretty, build quality is excellent, air tests decent. Actual ground performance lack lustre maybe comparable to cheap Bounty Hunter. Most say buy something different. It's OK for hunting large relic items, helmets........not very good at finding coins at any depth we are used to. I gathered air tests for a half dollar is 10", ground depth about half. Excuse was made that they  air test only because, soil conditions are different everywhere so you get mixed results. Read between the lines, I guess.
Some say the Fisher F2 is much better. But, people buy the Dominator, as they look cool and for the entry level treasure hunter, they find they are good enough.

Many suggest spend some extra money and buy a Rutus
https://translate.google.ca/translate?hl...rev=search
[attachment=7091]
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's