Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Colonial hunt and a first!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went back to the old cellar hole where I got the nice cartwheel penny.  Got a decent assortment of colonial goodies and definitely going back when I can. The owner said he will clean it up a bit and level it out for me, which I'm really grateful for!  Everything is pretty self explanatory, with the exception of the coin. It's a 1788 Anglesey Mines penny token, druid head variety. It almost looked like a 1700's french Sol at first. Thanks for looking!

[Image: 14495931395060_zpse53tnc23.jpg]
[Image: 14495931618490_zpsosrdycyc.jpg]
[Image: 14495963389415_zpsjyfpgoli.jpg]
[Image: 14495962787191_zpsdetfxwjg.jpg]
[Image: 14495962905802_zpsdhojjpw5.jpg]
[Image: 14495963051883_zpsch2ruut5.jpg]
[Image: 14495963636447_zps99dtbpho.jpg]
Wowzers! I never saw one of those before, but it's indeed a gorgeous coin. It's in very good condition, too. Congrats on your first Yes Beer Happy

Joe
Thank you!  I hadn't heard of them either, but I guess there's lots out there...they may not be dug, but there's lots for sale
Wow congrats on another beautiful amazing coin! I have a good feeling about this place... keep the finds and pics coming!

Gl and HH
That is one really cool looking coin, congratulations
Thanks guys
 I'll try to get there before the freeze, but with my work schedule, it's not looking good Sad  If I don't get out again, I'll make some top 5 lists to fill in time. Could be fun for everyone!
Sweet token you found definitely unique congrats
Thanks for the look at that token. Nice find! You sure come up with some great finds on that colonial site. Hope the weather keeps for you!

Ed/ODF
Even if the weather and time doesn't cooperate, I'm going to stay positive and look forward to the spring hunts. If he could spread the dirt that he piled up and move the pile of foundation stones, I'm sure it will keep producing. Best case scenario is he does that and scrapes off the top where he knocked the trees down.
Reference URL's