Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: GoPro Killer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A lot of us film our treasure hunting expeditions. And a well built, inexpensive, hands free camera that shoots great video is tough to find, unless you've got money to burn. I still use my Mobius, and consider it one of the best investments (aside from a pinpointer & digger) I've ever made. However...

Check out this new action cam. It records in 4k! Tiny. Will retail for about $160. It's blowing up on indiegogo. This thing looks phenomenal!

I backed it today, I'm on the list for one Dancing

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-w...-mokacam#/

Joe
So a couple days ago I thought about finally recording some of my finds. Figured I'd just use my phone or something strapped to my forehead! A hat, some duck tape and we are in buisness! YesWink but really, these little things seem pretty damn awesome. If I had extra money laying around atm I'd definitely pick one up! Hope you enjoy the one you get! Thanks for sharing
Neat device. I like the total amount of recording time and the Wifi sharing ability. GoPro's are okay but too bulky. Since the advent of the iPhone and all the micro chipsets it seems they've come a long way with this tech. But, being an old man, I'll wait for awhile. When it comes to this kind of stuff, it changes so fast it makes my head spin! I think I'd like the one you use better, Joe. Even though it may not be waterproof.

Ed/ODF
I picked up couple of sj4000 with wifi for gifts during the Holidays. They are competitors to Gopro. From my research, both have pros and cons. Two nice thing with sj4000 is the LCD screen on back and Price! In the future I will let you know how well they work.
(12-09-2015 09:29 PM)updownup Wrote: [ -> ]I picked up couple of sj4000 with wifi for gifts during the Holidays. They are competitors to Gopro. From my research, both have pros and cons. Two nice thing with sj4000 is the LCD screen on back and Price! In the future I will let you know how well they work.

The SJ4000's & the Mobius' (which I use) are the the best kept secrets when it comes to action cams. Their prices are absurdly inexpensive, and the build & video quality simply can't be beat. GoPro's might have a slight edge on video quality, but it's not worth the extra $300, IMO. The differences are very subtle, unless one is a professional cameraman and can spot the varying nuances.

I paid $70 for my Mobius, and about $10 for a micro SD card. It's been 2 years now with no issues. Watch my videos using the HD setting on Youtube. Pretty impressive for a camera at that price. And my videos would look even better if I tweaked the settings on the camera, but I like to keep it simple.

4k video is soon going to be the new standard. Within a year or two, they estimate 70% to 80% of video will be shot on it. But I'm also going to be keeping my Mobius, as it's just a fantastic tool, just as the SJ4000 is Yes

Joe
Reference URL's