Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: relic hunt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[attachment=7112]Havent been out much at all last few months, so last Sunday was time for an advenyure. Been hitting a site about an hour south of me. Add in 8 hours of hiking/detecting,  was tired when we got home,lol. My friend scored the 1830s Navy officers buckle ( thanks Ron for i.d.), the quarter and the mystery item. My finds are the crappy indoor pics...my favorite being the gate latch.Finds made with good ole Tejon and Whites 6000...no Turkeys,lol.
[attachment=7110]
[attachment=7111]
[attachment=7112]
[attachment=7113]

My finds
[attachment=7114]
[attachment=7115]
[attachment=7116]
You and your buddy found some cool relics congrats deathray
WoW!!!!

Congrats Ray

F'ing AWESOME!!!

I love the buckles YesYes

A 1853 arrows & rays! cool Yes

Is that rectangle/unknown thing a Match stick Holder?? Cool motif on it...

Nice Flask too!

BeerBeer
Not sure what the rectangle item is. Its heavy brass, and WAS a cylinder...now flat.
Was wondering where you took off to! Thought you chucked it all and fled to Mexico to detect on the beach all day & chase bikinis Tongue

Now we're talking!!! Seated half WITH arrows and yet another buckle!!! How in the HELL do you guys find so many buckles??? It's crazy.

I think both the half and the buckle are banner worthy, but I'd have to give it to the buckle, as those are not very common, and are very personal pieces of extraordinary history.

FANTASTIC FINDS Beer

Congrats on making banner, Ray, but SLOW DOWN you west coasters. If we keep going at this pace, I'm gonna have to re-name the site BuckleClassifieds.com! Chuckle Tongue

Joe
Wow!!
Easily most historic and rarest buckle to yet be posted on this site!!!
Sailors jumping ship to mine..doesn't get much better than that.
Beyond banner!!!
Who's your buddy? Is it that fella Paul in CA from Tom's site?

Joe
No Joe, old timer who doesnt do computer
.  And his buckle is way more worthy than the seated quarter. Wish I had a cleaned pic...this was taken right out of the ground, but neither of us had a brush.
(12-10-2015 01:34 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]No Joe, old timer who doesnt do computer
.  And his buckle is way more worthy than the seated quarter. Wish I had a cleaned pic...this was taken right out of the ground, but neither of us had a brush.

I agree with you 1,000%, but believe me, it's not easy to find a seated quarter nowadays, especially one with the arrows. There are guys who dig their entire lives and never find one. Regardless of which of you guys scored the buckle, it's still a very rare catch. Tell your buddy he can visit the site anytime to see his banner find Yes

Whoops, thought it was a half! Well, still DAMN good, considering I only have ONE seated quarter in almost 10 years of digging! Lol.

Joe
This guy has been detecting since 1972, and this was his first seated w/arrows, so he was pretty stoked!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's