Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Finally...the beach!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So this Sunday I'll be making my way to ocean city nj for my first ever detecting on the beach! I didn't think this was gonna happen this year but the weather is gonna be beautiful so I'm taking advantage of it. I'm pretty excited to try it out but my hopes aren't extremely high. Even if I just find some clad and sinkers I'll be happy. I'll also be bringing my surf fishing gear so I hope I'm able to land a big one!

If anyone is interested in joining send me a pm and I'll give details.

Hh zach
You're really whetting my appetite! Fishing AND finding stuff! I'd go in a heartbeat, but that's about 2 hours south of me, and a lot of honey do's this weekend Sad

Lots of guys do very well there. Those beaches are always jam packed in the summer, so, listen for the deep faint signals, that have sunk since the summer. Try and work as close to the water line as possible, as that's where there's less junk & more goodies. If you start finding heavier items; quarters, sinkers, etc., you're in a hot spot. Do a circular grid pattern around that entire area.

The jersey shore beaches are known for their very rough surf, so it's almost impossible to hunt beyond ankle deep. So concentrate on that wet water line. And don't forget to search the dry sand areas like the exits & entrances, and so forth Wink

Joe
It's all good, hopefully we can get out soon joe!
And yeah, I picked up salt water fishing a year ago and it's been amazing as well. Girlfriend loves fishing too so that's great. She even held the 5 ft brown shark I caught last summer Cool.

Thanks for all the tips and advice on shore detecting! One question though. 5x8 coil of the bigger stock coil for the beach? I've read both are good in certain aspects..but I'm still not sure which to use..
(12-10-2015 04:19 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]It's all good, hopefully we can get out soon joe!
And yeah, I picked up salt water fishing a year ago and it's been amazing as well. Girlfriend loves fishing too so that's great. She even held the 5 ft brown shark I caught last summer Cool.

Thanks for all the tips and advice on shore detecting! One question though. 5x8 coil of the bigger stock coil for the beach? I've read both are good in certain aspects..but I'm still not sure which to use..

Normally, most guys would opt for a larger coil when hunting the beach, as it not only gets greater depth, but it also allows for more coverage in a quicker amount of time.

Joe
Good luck and have fun!!

Ed
Zach enjoy the beach and hope you have some yellow in the hole. Happy
It doesn't happen ever time, but odds are better. GL HH!
Zach, our club has a hunt there in May by the music pier -

During the off times I hunted south of the music pier but didn't find much. From 8th street down to about 4th.

Good luck - go at low tide and go slow.
Reference URL's