Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: What a Christmas Present!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Whomever found this is blessed! Oh how I'd LOVE to run this thing through it's paces once it's restored! I've never sold one of my finds in all my time hunting, but for $180,000, I'd be tap dancing all the way to the bank!!!

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/news/ma...-1.2461180

Joe
I've seen one restored in person before and they are beautiful. I could only imagine finding one in a barn!

I have a similar story though. On part of the land I hunt on at my gfs gparents land there are 9 mustangs, and a couple other cars from the 30s-50s rotting away. It's so sad seeing the mustangs as I love mustangs. Mach1s fastbacks early coupes/convertables... poor cars Sad
I'm not a big fan of Dodge. But that 440 Mag was a beast, along with all Hemi. Don Garlits (Big Daddy) is a legendary. 

Garlits was the first drag racer to officially surpass the 170, 180, 200, 240, 250, and 270 miles per hour marks in the quarter mile; he was also the first to top 200 in the 1/8 mile. 
So Chrysler has earned my respect looking at it from this angle. But all manufacturers made some good cars. Some more than others. 

I'm GM guy. Cost less to repair and upgrade, and easier to work on. Of course I'm referring to the past. (Rear wheel drive with just the important sensor. Fuel, Water temp, and oil pressure. lol
That 440 was a beast! I knew a fella back in the 70's who put one in an ugly yellow Gremlin (with a lot of modification and stacks through the hood). Almost tore the poor car apart but he got a few trophies with it.

Ed
Wow, cool! and congratulations to him!

Wasn't that similar to the Dukes of Hazard's car?
I currently own a 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner that has a 440!  The car came with the 383 but it's long been lost so I bought it with the 440 in it! Factory 4 speed tranny sure grip 323 rear end. Very fast and a blast to drive! I have owned this care for 15 years. Before my Roadrunner I was a chevy guy. Mopar guys are hard core and I understand why. Awesome cars!
It really is an out-of-this-world, amazing, once-in-a-lifetime kinda find. They just don't make cars like that anymore. Yes, the tech we have now is better, and some of the foreign autos can ride for hundreds of thousands of miles, but they don't RIDE like those old workhorses of yesteryear. They just handled differently. You felt like you had power behind the wheel. Plus, they were built like tanks. Cars today are basically plastic.

Go and re-watch American Graffiti and similar movies. Those were CARS. Works of art. Not much anymore.

Joe
(12-10-2015 10:46 PM)Relichunter69 Wrote: [ -> ]I currently own a 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner that has a 440!  The car came with the 383 but it's long been lost so I bought it with the 440 in it! Factory 4 speed tranny sure grip 323 rear end. Very fast and a blast to drive! I have owned this care for 15 years. Before my Roadrunner I was a chevy guy. Mopar guys are hard core and I understand why. Awesome cars!

You are a lucky man! That's a classic, for sure. You must have a blast riding it!

Joe
Mopar!
That's awesome!  I was always a Chevy guy. My first car was an '81 Malibu,  2 door, 305. Swapped the 305 for a 350 and had it bored and stroked to a 383, Muncie tranny, traction bars...it was a beast!  Bought my last chev in 2008. Never again. Bought a brand new Dodge Ram hemi in 2014. I am converted!  Mopar rocks!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's