Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: The Amish market!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So me and the girlfriend went to the Amish market today and it was amazing as usual. I've been going to local Amish markets for about 6 years now and it's such a great place to go to eat! If you've never been and have one near you..be sure to check it out!

As you can see, I'm a bit of a food lover. As I'm sure most of you men on here are!

Today we got..

1/2lb of Mac and cheese and red skin mashed potatoes
Some potatoes wedges and chicken fingers
A pretzel log with ham and cheese which are amazing!
And of course a cinnamon stick.

Also stopped at the antique store and got some goodies.

But yeah, if you've never been to a Amish market before. Be sure to check it out if you love food!
Haven't been to an Amish food place in years! One of my favorites when I lived in and fished/hunted PA was fried breaded Scrapple for breakfast at a local Amish restaurant! I couldn't get enough of the stuff so I hooked up with one of the makers and was able to buy the loaves and fry it up at home! Man do I miss those days!! I'm lucky I still have my gall bladder! Chuckle

Ed
It sounds and looks good. I would say that is definitely keepers. I do not know of any Amish markets in Florida. Thanks for sharing, and if I find one I will stop in for a bite. That pretzel log sounds appealing!
After you hunt out Ohio(which should be soon at the looks of your ytds) you should come back to PA or NJ so we can get some good food and metal detect ed!

Updownup, the pretzel logs are me and my girlfriends favorite. The outside is just a pretzel with some salt on it filled with different stuff.

They have a hot dog one, a turkey and cheese, ham and cheese, bacon and eggs, cheese steak, chicken bacon and ranch and a few others. My favorite is the cheese steak. They are so good! If you ever do get a chance buy them all! You won't be disappointed Tongue
(12-10-2015 09:08 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]After you hunt out Ohio(which should be soon at the looks of your ytds) you should come back to PA or NJ so we can get some good food and metal detect ed!

Never say Never Zach. I may just show up on your doorstep, with my SE Pro, Scrapple and a dozen eggs to get us started! You supply the toast! LOL! That pretzel log with the steak DOES sound good though!

Ed/ODF
I go up to Amish county in PA about once per year. There are a lot of comunities there; Lancaster, York, etc. People ridicule them, but they are some of the nicest, most respectful, hard working people one could ever meet. And yes, they can COOK Yes Most are also master tradesman, who're proficient in construction, Blacksmithing, and a host of other things. Just 3 or 4 of those guys can raise a whole barn in a day or two. Some of the younger fellas are built like linebackers.

Some even own land which is very old, going back to the 1700's & 1800's, and you'd be surprised at how many millionaire amish businessmen there are.

They have a lot of peculiarities, for sure, but they are a strong people of faith, which I give praise & respect for.

P.S. - They build damn good fireplaces, also. Lol

Joe
They have Amish and Mennonite communities up here.
If in Mennonite country you need to stop at Anna Mae's.
Home grown food, everything is fresh, you get served plenty and good prices.
No farm field chemical enhanced foods here.
http://www.annamaes.ca/

If you get a dinner with carrots, they are the best I have ever tasted and they just melt in your mouth. Can't wait to dig into their desserts.

Place is always packed.

[Image: 1430755856.png][Image: 619511_orig.jpg]
Stop this - you are making me hungry! That food looks terrific!

That Black Smith got me thinking about the time that I found three silver quarters just in front of a black smith shop in PA. It was three years back, the jersey club had an outing and permission to hunt a farm.
Reference URL's