Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: This is eating into my detector funds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Slobbering down some mashed potatoes and fish and I feel a crunch.
Kind of remember something like this happening about this time last year.
Spit out a chunk of tooth filling and must have swallowed the rest.
Dang, rear upper molar broke apart. Feels like a stalagmite hanging back there now. No pain, so that's good. Hope its a tooth I already had a root canal done to.

Just when I was looking at buying another detector as a Christmas present to myself.

Left a message at the dentist, hope to get it before he closes down for Christmas vacation.

Anyone have some spare cash floating around, donations accepted....Chuckle

And how was your Friday night?
You gotta start drinking more milk Sven. Mashed potatoes and fish did that! Wow!

As a retired bricklayer in the restoration trades, I hate dentists. Cracked a right rear lower molar last year and couldn't eat for a day. Went to the dentist to have him look at it. (Cash $85) and he gave me a script for 3 vicodin and 2 weeks penicillin, just in case. Said he wouldn't touch it and I needed to see a surgeon. Called the surgeon. 30 minute procedure, ($550). Five years ago I had a wisdom tooth, that grew out of nowhere, removed in five pieces, with the same doc for $350! Cash!

A root canal, which my regular dentist wouldn't perform, because the tooth already was a metal filling nightmare, would have cost $950, FOR ONE TOOTH!! And out of the three molars missing in my mouth already, and eventually removed by dentists or surgeons, they were all ROOT CANALS!!!

So let's say these guys needed to have their rooftop chimneys rebuilt from the flashing up.

26 course chimney, 7 & 3/4 brick per course, 1 day setup and breakdown, comeback the next day to caulk the flue meeting of the wash/flashing, wash the brickwork, get a check.

Standard competitive per brick cost for replacement currently around $9.00 per brick (Union). So, 26 X 7.75 X $9.00 = $1,813.50

And if you think I can sell a chimney replacement for that much, well, you're just silly. Chuckle

Average going price for that was about $3.00 per brick. How do you make money? You do three per day. Hustle! The name of the game.

BUT! As I told my dentist a long time ago, if he ever needs a chimney replacement on his house, it'll be $950 a brick!!! (Cash)

Needless to say, he never called.

Ed/ODF
Does your dentist accept TC Coins? I can advance you a few hundred till you get paid Chuckle Tongue

Good luck with the tooth, hope it's remedied by now. I've been in agony a few times over teeth issues, and I wouldn't wish the pain on my worst enemy. Pain or not, dentists are a hassle to deal with.

Joe
I broke aa tooth about a week ago. Three quarters of the cusp broke off.
Result is a inlay impression and thank god no root canal......
But I hear you - I am sure the bill will be big espically this time of the year.
Just laast night the fridge went but the freezer is working....crazy

Time for another one I guess ruight before Christmas
Went in today. Appears it was a rear molar that had extensive work done sometime in the past. The stalagmite hanging done was actually a metal post.
So he did a quick fix, ground down some sharp tooth parts and bent the pin over.
have to go back Jan 12th, he said he can do a fix, takes about 30 minutes.
No charge today. My dentist is good, if he can, will  do a Chevy fix that will last for years if your on a budget or he can do a Cadillac fix. Chevy fix works for me.

[Image: Side_Alien_cc04.jpg]
I know most of us need a dentist sometime in our life. But what gets me is when someone gets a filling or a root canal with cap (Big Bucks) and the damn thing falls apart after a few years. Their craftsmanship varies, and some will take you for all your money and do crappy work.
 Lets say would you do a root canal on a tooth that does not have a mating tooth above? I say no, it is a waste of money and a tooth that does not have a mate is useless. Some dentist would suggest root canal and others will give good advice suggesting to remove it. Saving you money. 

I thought permanent implants were the answer for bad teeth. Shame they only last 10 years. OMGosh, 30K you would hope for that price seeing the dentist would be over in this life.

Another thing I found surprising, you could have perfect teeth and you get old and they fall out because of your gums not supporting them anymore.  

I made a decision a longtime ago to keep from taken the savings from the family. When I found out that the teeth I spent so much money on failed anyway.
 I reach this point in my age, I will not spend that kind of money. I have and will  elected to pull it and live without it.  1200 root-canal plus cheap cap or $100 pull it with out any xrays. It sucks so bad to have a tooth pulled, sometimes they are tough and your head gets yanked around. I even had some dentist complain, because he had to give me another shot. I'm no wimp, and I know this dentist did not apply the shot in the right place. Damn him, arguing with me saying I could not feel it. Never went back to that jerk. 

However, the dentist I have now works hard to keep a person front teeth at least. But in time this could fail as well. (even with no cavities)
He gives you the facts about teeth and gives you the choice.

There is no substitute for real teeth so young folks take care of them.

Sven, hope you get it taken care of at a reasonable price. Get it pulled and you still might be able to buy a new detector. Happy
(12-11-2015 09:49 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]You gotta start drinking more milk Sven. Mashed potatoes and fish did that! Wow!

As a retired bricklayer in the restoration trades, I hate dentists. Cracked a right rear lower molar last year and couldn't eat for a day. Went to the dentist to have him look at it. (Cash $85) and he gave me a script for 3 vicodin and 2 weeks penicillin, just in case. Said he wouldn't touch it and I needed to see a surgeon. Called the surgeon. 30 minute procedure,  ($550). Five years ago I had a wisdom tooth, that grew out of nowhere, removed in five pieces, with the same doc for $350! Cash!

A root canal, which my regular dentist wouldn't perform, because the tooth already was a metal filling nightmare, would have cost $950, FOR ONE TOOTH!! And out of the three molars missing in my mouth already, and eventually removed by dentists or surgeons, they were all ROOT CANALS!!!

So let's say these guys needed to have their rooftop chimneys rebuilt from the flashing up.

26 course chimney, 7 & 3/4 brick per course, 1 day setup and breakdown, comeback the next day to caulk the flue meeting of the wash/flashing, wash the brickwork, get a check.

Standard competitive per brick cost for replacement currently around $9.00 per brick (Union). So, 26 X 7.75 X $9.00 = $1,813.50

And if you think I can sell a chimney replacement for that much, well, you're just silly. Chuckle

Average going price for that was about $3.00 per brick. How do you make money? You do three per day. Hustle! The name of the game.

BUT! As I told my dentist a long time ago, if he ever needs a chimney replacement on his house, it'll be $950 a brick!!! (Cash)

Needless to say, he never called.

Ed/ODF
I just died laughing Lmfao
I have a great dentist, very experienced who knows what he is doing and doesn't rip you off. Saves your teeth if he can. No unnecessary work. Hope he never retires................

Still looking at another detector.....LOL
(12-14-2015 07:53 PM)Sven TreasureLinx Wrote: [ -> ]I have a great dentist, very experienced who knows what he is doing and doesn't rip you off. Saves your teeth if he can. No unnecessary work. Hope he never retires................

Still looking at another detector.....LOL

Good luck to you on your decision Sven! Like that pic! Genetically modified killer machine that grows acid resistant teeth!!!! Gotta love the future!!

********************************************************************************​****
Steve!

Lifes' a real comedy, until you have to pay the bill! LOL! Glad you enjoyed it. It's absolute fact!

Ed
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's