Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: have you considered a mobile app
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think you guys should consider creating a mobile app for this website I think it would make it a lot easier for people to post and I personally would use this page more often if there was a mobile app for it
Hey Steven. What phone do you use? I'm on my phone posting/browsing 90% of the time i'm on here. My phone uses Google Chrome. Hope you can get it figured out! Once you reply with what phone your using i'll see if I can figure something out for you.

Gl and HH
I don't have a cell phone..................
That's a good suggestion, and we're experimenting with many things here. Do you find it difficult, or cumbersome to utilize the site, the way it is presently? Please elaborate...

We have the ability for users to sign up/sign in using their Facebook account, which is pretty convenient. Look for the tab on the upper right of the forum.

As far as posting, it's pretty straightforward, and many of us here visit the site from cell phones & tablets, regularly.

The issue with adding new features/functions is, they take a lot of work/cost to implement, and sometimes have negative effects on the site, via loading speeds, being incompatible with other plug-in's, etc. If it was absolutely necessary, or needed on a mass scale, we'd set almost anything up, however, if it's only for the benefit of a few users, it would honestly be more trouble than it's worth.

Joe
(12-13-2015 04:05 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]That's a good suggestion, and we're experimenting with many things here. Do you find it difficult, or cumbersome to utilize the site, the way it is presently? Please elaborate...

We have the ability for users to sign up/sign in using their Facebook account, which is pretty convenient. Look for the tab on the upper right of the forum.

As far as posting, it's pretty straightforward, and many of us here visit the site from cell phones & tablets, regularly.

The issue with adding new features/functions is, they take a lot of work/cost to implement, and sometimes have negative effects on the site, via loading speeds, being incompatible with other plug-in's, etc. If it was absolutely necessary, or needed on a mass scale, we'd set almost anything up, however, if it's only for the benefit of a few users, it would honestly be more trouble than it's worth.

Joe

The main issue I have is uploading photos on my phone.And zooming in on my phone is annoying a mobile app would make it much nicer or a mobile version

Also not having to load a new pageto comment would be nice and a notification bar saying things like someone commented on your post would be helpful
(12-13-2015 09:09 PM)steven sheldon Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-13-2015 04:05 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]That's a good suggestion, and we're experimenting with many things here. Do you find it difficult, or cumbersome to utilize the site, the way it is presently? Please elaborate...

Joe

The main issue I have is uploading photos on my phone.And zooming in on my phone is annoying a mobile app would make it much nicer or a mobile version

Also not having to load a new pageto comment would be nice and a notification bar saying things like someone commented on your post would be helpful

I will PM you, shortly, with some further info Happy

Joe
Please check your email
Reference URL's