Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 43 Merc and old shotgun shells
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Took my 15" WOT out for a few hours today. I wanted to get a feel for it before I hit the beach with it next Saturday. So took it dirt fishing, I recall Big Tony saying he uses it inland. Anyway, went to a place I found a Merc dime in March of this year.

Did it again, 2nd silver for the year. (This year not a good year for silver) Found 1943 Merc, and shotgun headstamps. All items were deep. It was so deep that the minelab meter would not lock on to 180. Instead, it hit 180 once maybe twice. As I continued doing the minelab wiggle I could get it to rises, without it bottoming out on the scale. The sound is what convinced me to dig. I know when my sovereign acts a certain way it is a deep item. It actually, has a humming sweet sound, and it drags on a lot larger than the item. The first few times I ever hear this type of signal I thought the item was going to be a can or at least something bigger than a coin. Now I know when it is a coin size object that is deep. The shotgun headstamps came in same way with a little different tone.  Found 1/2 of a old name plate. Wing House / cycles 60, Mahilaina? Not sure what it went too. Also penny cut into 1/4 piece. (Strange)

Anyway, felt good to finally find another merc. Woot! Heck Yea!  WOT did good! 
Good Luck everyone!

[attachment=7143]
[attachment=7144]
Congrats on the merc and the neat relic thing! Good luck Saturday at the beach!
Congrats on the Merc Up! Looks like you'll have a good time at the beach!!

Ed
Thats a sexy lookin Merc!  Great digs!
It's amazing how good it feels to see a silver in the hole, eh? Wink Even after 10 years of doing this, I still get giddy when I see that shiny rim peeking out of the dirt. Most people would look at the coin and say, "That's cool, you found a dime", but it's us, the treasure hunters, who appreciate all this stuff. You can't really describe the feeling, but it's almost like unwrapping a Christmas present.

I like that tag/placard! Congrats on plucking another piece of history from the abyss Yes

Joe
Love that 1930s/40s advertisement piece! That's freekin cool Yes

BeerBeer
Reference URL's