Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: A friends shipwreck finds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A friend of mine is a commercial diver, but also gets the chance to play once in a while. He dives on a few of the non protected shipwreck sites around the local area and has pulled up some nice stuff!  As you can see in the pics, there's a cannonball (he has a few), some nice bottles, ship port hole, a big handful of silver cutlery (not shown), crockery and lots of pottery. I hoping to join him next year. He using a CZ-21. I tried to get him to join, but he has no interest in forums.

[Image: 14503104284980_zpscivgpafw.jpg]

[Image: 14503104568650_zps7pwtsorj.jpg]

[Image: 14503104745600_zpsdotetrbb.jpg]
LOVE that compass! Saw one smaller than that in real good shape at an antique shop a few years ago that priced out for $500!

Ed
The compass is pretty cool , but didn't come from a wreck. I asked him how old it was but he wasn't quite sure.
I'd enjoy diving/scuba diving and metal detecting but it'd have to be clear water. I'm not sure how i'd feel with murky water or water I can't see a distance away's. I'm not tryna get eatin! Cool stuff though.
In some paces the water is pretty clear, but I've seen his gopro footage where you can't see an arms length in front of him. He's been checked out by sharks and whales, but his most terrifying encounter to date was an aggressive seal!  He said this one was well over 500lbs and would come at him like a freight train. The only cover he had was a salmon cage.
Real nice finds! Oh what I'd give to be able to scuba the ocean floor!!! I used to be heavy into beach hunting, and the CZ21 was my go-to unit. KILLER machine. Right there with the Excals, the Sovs, etc. I'd look like a dork though, as I never hip mounted mine, I wore it around my neck like a necklace, with the knobs facing up towards my chin. Talk about being an eye sore on the beach, lol!

Joe
Reference URL's