Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: WTF?!?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My buddy found this and sent it to me. Geez, the boys over at the mint must've been sleeping on the job when this one slipped through!

Probably THE weirdest error coin I've ever seen Cool

http://nypost.com/2015/12/19/this-weird-...rth-10000/

Joe
Yea that is cool but weird. I have been though the mint and the process. There is almost no way that nail could get in there unless someone did it on purpose. Makes you wonder how many more weird coins are out there waiting for the right day to bring them out..
Got to agree with Steve. Some bozo on staff had to have brought a nail into the mix. No way it could otherwise happen. Oh, and try and trace a nail!!! Good flipping luck!

Ed
I think they make these type error coins on purpose and hope they get thru to the general public. Keeps the coin collectors energized to be on the look out for these type items. If the error collectors had nothing to look forward to..kind of like a detectorist with no place to hunt. Error coins are good for the hobby.
Too cool!!!
(12-20-2015 12:31 AM)Sven TreasureLinx Wrote: [ -> ]I think they make these type error coins on purpose and hope they get thru to the general public. Keeps the coin collectors energized to be on the look out for these type items. If the error collectors had nothing to look forward to..kind of like a detectorist with no place to hunt. Error coins are good for the hobby.

I agree with you fully Yes While I'm sure there have been/are some legitimate error coins that make it through the inspection process, I think your theory is correct in the bulk of cases, especially in this day & age. Years ago, before computerized technology, when inspections might've been done by hand, I could see more error coins getting through, but not so many, anymore.

Joe
I guess with inflation penny nails are out and dime nails are the replacement? LOL
(12-20-2015 08:08 PM)bulletbob Wrote: [ -> ]I guess with inflation penny nails are out and dime nails are the replacement? LOL

Good one Chuckle

Joe
I agree as well Sven and Joe. How does a random nail get onto the press and then out into circulation... I don't believe it was a mistake.

someone needs to take out a old mold or w.e they use..of like a 3c and put it on a Sacagawea blank or something crazy like that!

That'd be pretty funny....lol

Thanks for sharing
I agree with Sven, but that is pure crap. Not a coin in my opinion.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's