Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: good first hunt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got my detector in October but haven't had opportunity to use it on a hunt til yesterday afternoon. Been in the backyard a few times and got thoroughly confused--more questions than answers. Think I'll be asking for help in the LOUNGE forum soon. I believe Joe and Ed mentioned the Omega 8000 so I may be calling on you two. Went to a playground Saturday just before dark. Got a few good signals and dug these items. The quarter and dime ID'ed spot on and the ring ID'ed as a quarter, but seemed a little higher in tone. Don't have enough experience yet to tell. Ring is .825 silver, so no prize but a good start. Ring is unique in that the inner rings revolves around circumference, held in by outer ring edges. I'm happy to finally be able to post a find.
That's a nice ring a great first hunt. Many people don't find their first silver for quite some time. Congrats
Cool ring Shade!! Not bad for a first outing!! On the Omega a silver anything will sound at a little higher tone than a clad quarter. But the #'s will be like a quarter as well. Cans will sound the same too, but if you do a hover test, or keep the coil about 12" off the ground, it'll tell you it's a can by the sheer size of the can. I have the Delta 4000. I was seriously thinking about getting the Omega from the get go but the woman put the Kibosh on that! But here's a little story you'll enjoy. I found a .925 lobster clasp with the Delta about a month into detecting. Sounded just like a dime and was at 4" down. So Teknetics makes some pretty damn good machines if you can find something that small!

Good luck Shade! Hope to see more!

Ed

ps... I think they call those kinda rings chain rings, but I might be wrong!
Thanks Ed. I'll take all the tips I can get.
That's a beauty of a silver ring!!! Yes, I used the Omega for a while. It's a real good machine. Deep, very accurate i.d., and light as a feather. I like the big numerical display, too. While I don't remember every nuance of the unit, as I used it a number of years ago, it's fairly straightforward to set up and kill with. Good score, Shade Yes

Joe
It can be quite frustrating shade as I'm new like yourself and understand. Just keep at it and eventually you'll get ahold of it and become better.

I've been using my at pro for 2 months now and honestly have about around 50-75 hours into it if I had to guess and I'm still learning.

So just keep at it and try not to get discouraged. Do some googling as well, everything helps.

Congrats on the ring BTW!
Love that ring dude!
Nice find on the silver ring! Congrats!
Reference URL's