Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: good deal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dang it...someone has a t-2 se on Sacramento Craigslist for $400. Killer deal if taken care of. Trying to figure out how to justify it, lol
(09-07-2013 04:54 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Dang it...someone has a t-2 se on Sacramento Craigslist for $400. Killer deal if taken care of. Trying to figure out how to justify it, lol

Great deal. I paid that for my 6.5 T2 with both coils, headphones, and rain covers.
Save the $$$, Ray. Then, sell one or two of the machines you have now. The $400 you'll save by NOT buying the T2, plus the cash from the detector sale, and you'll be halfway to owning the ATX or CTX Wink Why go older when for a little bit more you can go space age technology Yes I could totally picture you running around out there in the desert high on LSD while waving the ATX around, screaming; "Look everyone, it's a telescoping rod! I can make it get bigger & smaller!!" Tongue

Joe
Dam...you know me Joe, lol. I'm going detecting, been awhile.
In all seriousness though, Ray...ATX or CTX would be my move if I were you Wink The CTX is prob my next buy Yes Nothing has worked for me better than the multiple frequency units. In short, they're killers! I'm not a nugget hunter & not many opportunities for relics here, so, the ATX isn't really my cup of tea. Treat yourself, Ray Yes

Joe
(09-07-2013 06:17 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]In all seriousness though, Ray...ATX or CTX would be my move if I were you Wink The CTX is prob my next buy Yes Nothing has worked for me better than the multiple frequency units. In short, they're killers! I'm not a nugget hunter & not many opportunities for relics here, so, the ATX isn't really my cup of tea. Treat yourself, Ray Yes

Joe

Are those Minelabs you are talking about? I was thinking about getting an explorer before I got the T2. I just heard too much bad stuff about their service department. I wouldn't want to have problems within a detector and be screwed by the manufacturer.
(09-07-2013 07:38 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2013 06:17 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]In all seriousness though, Ray...ATX or CTX would be my move if I were you Wink The CTX is prob my next buy Yes Nothing has worked for me better than the multiple frequency units. In short, they're killers! I'm not a nugget hunter & not many opportunities for relics here, so, the ATX isn't really my cup of tea. Treat yourself, Ray Yes

Joe

Are those Minelabs you are talking about?  I was thinking about getting an explorer before I got the T2.  I just heard too much bad stuff about their service department.  I wouldn't want to have problems within a detector and be screwed by the manufacturer.

The ATX is the newest unit out, by Garrett. It's a pulse induction machine - super depth, but, very little discrimination. Primarily for gold/relic hunters. The CTX is a Minelab. Nothing wrong with the T2, Will...as you know Wink IMO, one of the best VLF units out there! However, all boys love new toys. Ron runs with the CTX, and he said he loves it. Performs great in iron, too! That'll probably be my next move Yes

Joe
Yeah I saw some advertising for the new AT. I was wondering about the disc on it. I thought PI machines didn't have disc.
(09-07-2013 08:02 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I saw some advertising for the new AT.  I was wondering about the disc on it.  I thought PI machines didn't have disc.

Well, remember, there's the AT's (Pro & Gold) and the ATX. All are made by Garrett, but, night and day difference. The AT's are VLF (single frequency units). The ATX is a PI. Yes, usually PI's don't have any discrimination, however, there are a few units that offer minimal, bare bones discrim. High tone for ferrous, low tone for non-ferrous, a high/low or low/high signal, etc., but, the discrim isn't really good beyond a few inches. PI's are generally used for people that have bad ground and/or want more depth, where discrimination isn't the most important...like relic hunters.

Joe
great deal and easy to recover money later.  Been waiting and waiting to hear more about First Texas' next high end machine.  The Eurotek Pro is such a good performer at such a low price there HAS to be something great ahead.  Happy
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's