Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Beach hunt psyched us out.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Folks, I mentioned early I had a beach out planned on 12/12. Me and my friend Bryan went for about 12 hunt on the beach. We moved to three different beaches close by hoping to do better. Actually, the last beach gave Bryan the best find on the day within the last 20 mins of the hunt. 
I found a junk Stainless steel ring in the wet sand, the rush was real and I knew it was a ring when I found it. Had people close by and did not want to draw any attention. Gracefully placed it in my porch while my back was to them. Had to wait at least 5 mins before I could get to place to view. After a brief view, I still had hope it might be a precious metal. Rats! 
Found a bright shinning, heavy earring at the high tide line. I also thought this would have a KT on it. Rats! Junk. 
Rest of my finds were clad, sinkers, etc. 

Bryan found a earring (92.5), and aluminium ring junk early in the day. Last 20 mins he found a cute little ring (92.5) and a gold ring with writing on it. Surely thought this was gold. It was dark and we could not see any marking. After getting home, he found out it was not gold, maybe plated. It is Stainless Steel. 
The funny thing about this find, is where he found it. He was walking out and it was beside the trash can. There is so much trash alum around the cans I stopped checking them. Maybe I should check them going forward. 
Bryan was using a Excal in a backpack and I was using my Sovereign in a backpack. 
The backpacks make it so much lighter. I also tried out my 15" WOT it worked well. But after about 4 hours I had to put on the 10" coil because my arm was starting to hurt. What's weird, is it does not weight much more than the 10" maybe a pound more at the most. Guess I need to toughen up.
[attachment=7239]
Bryan's below
[attachment=7240]
[attachment=7241]
Nice bling, Up!!! Looks like the moving around and trying different spots worked to you guys' advantage Wink

Can't do any better than an Excal & Sov for surf hunting. How do you like the Sov, in general? That thing kills on land, too.

Joe
Nice bunch of jewelry there up!! Yes

That's funny about the coil being heavy. I have that 12x10 SEF which I refer to as the behemoth! I can only swing it about an hour and I have to switch out.

Ed
(12-22-2015 08:18 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Nice bling, Up!!! Looks like the moving around and trying different spots worked to you guys' advantage Wink

Can't do any better than an Excal & Sov for surf hunting. How do you like the Sov, in general? That thing kills on land, too.

Joe

Well it was still a fun day. Some of the beaches were sanded in. And other beaches are to wide, and flat, too much area to search. I like my Sovereign on land too. Not sure it performs well in Iron infestation with it nulling out. We did not get in the water, and tried to keep our shoes dry too. I know y'all Northern folks are going to think this is funny. But it was a little cold in the morning with all the wind blowing. It did warm up later in the day, but ocean looked a little rough. I had my CZ 20 in the car, and was wanting to enter the water. We were trying to determine best beaches and where to park. Parking is a pain with meters and max hour cap. Actually park two miles South of where we should have been. Took two hours to get where all the folks were and had turn around because the damn parking meter would be running out if we hunted there. Damn it. 

Got to find parking closer to all the action, etc. Anyway, we are gathering this data, and marking them on our maps. In the future, we should know how to be in a better position, and increase our odds in finding the sweeties.

(12-22-2015 08:57 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Nice bunch of jewelry there up!! Yes

That's funny about the coil being heavy. I have that 12x10 SEF which I refer to as the behemoth! I can only swing it about an hour and I have to switch out.

Ed

Ed, I was shocked a pound more would make that much difference. I did have my shaft extended a little to much adding some addition pressure. (I think)
Congrats on the beach find's and not coming home empty handed! I'm sure with the data and everything you're collecting you'll do better next time around. Good luck when ya get back out there and I hope to see some nice pics again.
Congratulations on your finds and enjoying the day!
Four hours with the WOT coil is terrific. I only last about one hour without a tether or strap around my shoulders. I still need to find a better hook up for that coil this year.

Backpack mounted - just be mindful of the coil wire. It can start to wear quicker once you hip mount machines.
(12-22-2015 07:20 PM)updownup Wrote: [ -> ]Folks, I mentioned early I had a beach out planned on 12/12. Me and my friend Bryan went for about 12 hunt on the beach. We moved to three different beaches close by hoping to do better. Actually, the last beach gave Bryan the best find on the day within the last 20 mins of the hunt. 
I found a junk Stainless steel ring in the wet sand, the rush was real and I knew it was a ring when I found it. Had people close by and did not want to draw any attention. Gracefully placed it in my porch while my back was to them. Had to wait at least 5 mins before I could get to place to view. After a brief view, I still had hope it might be a precious metal. Rats! 
Found a bright shinning, heavy earring at the high tide line. I also thought this would have a KT on it. Rats! Junk. 
Rest of my finds were clad, sinkers, etc. 

Bryan found a earring (92.5), and aluminium ring junk early in the day. Last 20 mins he found a cute little ring (92.5) and a gold ring with writing on it. Surely thought this was gold. It was dark and we could not see any marking. After getting home, he found out it was not gold, maybe plated. It is Stainless Steel. 
The funny thing about this find, is where he found it. He was walking out and it was beside the trash can. There is so much trash alum around the cans I stopped checking them. Maybe I should check them going forward. 
Bryan was using a Excal in a backpack and I was using my Sovereign in a backpack. 
The backpacks make it so much lighter. I also tried out my 15" WOT it worked well. But after about 4 hours I had to put on the 10" coil because my arm was starting to hurt. What's weird, is it does not weight much more than the 10" maybe a pound more at the most. Guess I need to toughen up.

Bryan's below
Nice stuff,man! Gl and hh!
Saaaweeeet! Great finds and great detector. Excal is on my radar. A guy can dream right?!
Reference URL's