Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: My friend finds super rare dime second time out with 3030
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My friend Ken went out on his second hunt with his new CTX 3030 on an old California trail and found a very rare 1873 CC dime with a mintage of only 18, 791 . He is going to send some better pics later, he was asking what do you think it's worth, I said between 2 and 3 thousand, what do you guys think?
That's crazy. Made in 1873 with a mintage of only 18,791..I'm sure there aren't many more left, at all. Hopefully when its graded it'll be worth what you think and or more. Also none the less found on his 2nd outing..would already pretty much pay for the 3030. Good luck with everything and awesome find. Thanks for sharing, keep us updated

Zach
Great find for your friend! I don't know about 2 or 3 thousand though. Even with the arrows it's still pretty worn. Best he get it professionally graded through PCGS or such to find out. It's at least worth that much or more to get it done and be certain.

Ed
Absolutely!! Great find.
Keep us posted . With one that rare they may look past the environmental damage and dented rim and still grade it. Even a poor grading will be decent bucks and if they won't grade it there's no charge besides shipping.
Red book says 2, 700 in G-4 and 4, 000 in fine, and it's better in person than the pic.
Last one on ebay in similar condition sold for 3, 195.00
not sure how reliable this is, but here's what I found on it.http://cointrackers.com/coins/13866/1878-liberty-seated-dime/
Better pics.
Awesome find. Get it slabbed. Enviromental damage will probably drop the price, but damn, that is friggin rare!
Awesome Find! If your friend does sell it I hope he gets a fair price. If I found it, it would be hard to part with regardless of the price. lol.
WoW Leo

your friend did good!

I'd consider that coin a VF (very fine) all day long!

I'm not a professional "grader" but I'll lay $$ that if he sends it in for grading it comes back labeled VF Details = putting that coin in the value range of around $7000 full blown retail

but

due to environmental damage AND selling at "auction" = it will bring around 40%/50% of that...

My guess = somewhere around $2500/$3000

Rare coin and highly desirable/sought after by collectors for sure Yes

BeerBeer
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's