Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Wet, Muddy Hunt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Was 74 balmy degrees yesterday in NJ! The weather douches all said no rain, just clouds, so, of course, once I get to my spot, it starts drizzling. Not heavy, but I hate getting my detector wet, and both me AND the Safari were soaked after an hour. It would stop, start again, stop, start again…ridiculous. Which made filming with my camera not possible, as it’s not waterproof. Anywho…

Ground was actually SO good yesterday, it was bad. Very saturated & muddy, which produced a lot of deep iron falsing.

Only did about 2.5 hours, and snagged the merc (#83 FTY), the silver plated Rogers spoon, and the sterling ring.

Gonna be very warm here for the next week. Hopefully I can get in another hunt or two, before 2016 blows in.

Joe
Nice score Joe playing in the mud can be fun when it makes those signals pop
(12-25-2015 06:35 PM)scott demont Wrote: [ -> ]Nice score Joe playing in the mud can be fun when it makes those signals pop

True, but all the WRONG signals were popping yesterday, lol. The ground was so saturated, that I was picking up a lot of falsing on deep iron. I could've stuck around, but I'll wait till it dries out a little in a few days Wink

Joe
Nice finds. I like the ring. Its pretty cool. Hope your able to get back out there like ya said so you can find some more goodies.

I'll predict a cache. Which will give you #100 silver YTD. Wink
Cool finds Joes.
Yeah, I hate it when the conditions are too wet....too many false signals and the extra mud is no fun anymore....when we were kids mud was fun....not now
Congrats on #83 Joe!! Yes Gotta agree with you on the iron. No Ground here has been wet from overnight showers the last two days and suddenly it's become nail city!!
But they sound soooo gooood!!

Ed
Right on Joe. Glad you can still get out between Christmas and New Year's.

Wish you the best for the rest of the year and all of 2016
(12-25-2015 06:13 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Was 74 balmy degrees yesterday in NJ! The weather douches all said no rain, just clouds, so, of course, once I get to my spot, it starts drizzling. Not heavy, but I hate getting my detector wet, and both me AND the Safari were soaked after an hour. It would stop, start again, stop, start again…ridiculous. Which made filming with my camera not possible, as it’s not waterproof. Anywho…

Ground was actually SO good yesterday, it was bad. Very saturated & muddy, which produced a lot of deep iron falsing.

Only did about 2.5 hours, and snagged the merc (#83 FTY), the silver plated Rogers spoon, and the sterling ring.

Gonna be very warm here for the next week. Hopefully I can get in another hunt or two, before 2016 blows in.

Joe
Nice finds,I love playing in the mud! Gl and hh!
nice finds Joe glad to hear there is still nice weather somewhere
That's a pretty damn good silver total so far! I hope you hit 100!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's