Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Anyone know why Im getting false signals with my MD-3010-II?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I go out as normal,2 days ago, and my detector starts screaming silver at me every 10 centimetres or so,so I dig about 5 signals,and nothing.anyone know what's going on?
You anywhere near power lines or a microwave tower? Could be you picked a spot where there's a EMF wave dip. If you can't noise cancel you'll just have to try another area. Or, you may have a loose wire connection to the coil or a nick or cut in the coil wire.

Ed
http://forum.treasureclassifieds.com/Thr...-disappear

That link is to a similar issue I was having. Hope the answer is I'm there for you. Also make sure your connectors aren't lose and your coil cable is above and not close to the coil. Hope ya figure it out.
(12-26-2015 06:44 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]You anywhere near power lines or a microwave tower? Could be you picked a spot where there's a EMF wave dip. If you can't noise cancel you'll just have to try another area.  Or, you may have a loose wire connection to the coil or a nick or cut in the coil wire.

Ed

No idea,and what is a microwave tower? (I live in England)
I think that is part of the learning process with that particular detector.
Tap the coil, if the detector indicates a target with sound, could be a coil problem. Wiggle the coil cable at the coil again listen for falsing, wiggle the connector at the control box as well.

If that's ok, are you detecting on wet grass or dry, if it happens only on wet grass, its bad coil shielding.

Try turning down the sensitivity, common problem that creates falsing, guys crank up sensitivity to max thinking they will get more depth. You can only crank it up to what the soil dictates, just to the point the detectors starts to false on swings.

Also the ground you are hunting in my have all sorts of iron trash or that pottery that gives many detectors on your side of the pond issues. What about coke in the ground?  Try hunting some other location, if the detector works fine there, then you know the place you hunted that was giving you issues was contaminated.
(02-07-2016 03:56 AM)Thevipermc Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2015 06:44 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]You anywhere near power lines or a microwave tower? Could be you picked a spot where there's a EMF wave dip. If you can't noise cancel you'll just have to try another area.  Or, you may have a loose wire connection to the coil or a nick or cut in the coil wire.

Ed

Cell tower Viper!

Ed
(02-07-2016 12:57 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-07-2016 03:56 AM)Thevipermc Wrote: [ -> ]

Ed

Cell tower Viper!

Ed
OK now you're just confusing me,what's a cell tower?!?! And I think it was the coil connection, it was loose, it's also a cheap detector so can't expect it to be that good. Gl and hh!

(02-07-2016 09:41 AM)Sven TreasureLinx Wrote: [ -> ]Tap the coil, if the detector indicates a target with sound, could be a coil problem. Wiggle the coil cable at the coil again listen for falsing, wiggle the connector at the control box as well.

If that's ok, are you detecting on wet grass or dry, if it happens only on wet grass, its bad coil shielding.

Try turning down the sensitivity, common problem that creates falsing, guys crank up sensitivity to max thinking they will get more depth. You can only crank it up to what the soil dictates, just to the point the detectors starts to false on swings.

Also the ground you are hunting in my have all sorts of iron trash or that pottery that gives many detectors on your side of the pond issues. What about coke in the ground?  Try hunting some other location, if the detector works fine there, then you know the place you hunted that was giving you issues was contaminated.

Think it was coil cable connection, seems to be OK now,and couldn't be sensitivity, it wasn't up at all(I just started detecting so don't know how high to go) gl and hh!
Reference URL's